Drag to reposition cover

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

FakeNightcall

Apr 28, 2019
Michigan
With three SFP transceiver included ? Did you bought it on ebay ?
Looks like we have the same seller, does everything works fine for yours ?
Yes, with three 1G transceivers. Ebay seller fcmanagement. Did the update and 10G upgrade last night. Everything works wonderfully!

How much did you pay for yours? I got 6610-24p for $170 delivered. a single PSU and fan
I got mine for $211 delivered. $150 for the switch itself. 2 PSUs and fans and 3x Brocade 1G transceivers.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Saw this on Reddit re: how to create a console cable for ICX 7xxx series.

1. Mini-USB cable
2. Cisco console cable
Code:
Cisco               Mini-USB
------------to---------------
BLACK                GREEN
GREEN                BLACK
YELLOW               WHITE

Reactions: arglebargle

rgunner

Apr 29, 2019
so that's 3 faulty g-electronic switches just in the last 3 pages, and 1 more in a PM from someone where one of his 40gbE ports does not work. I'm calling it now, avoid g-electronic unless you really enjoy doing the ebay return dance. that's what, like 9 total bad switches from them now just in the last month?
Just an update. g-electronic received my return yesterday and I got a full refund yesterday, so kudos that they did honor their return policy and very quickly. Maybe they got a bad lot and whomever tested them just did a power on test, who knows. I also got my new 7250 from another vendor last night and everything tested out perfect on it. Got it updated and now everything is plugged into it and working fine. Paid a couple of dollars more but vendor had a longer return policy, more inventory, the switch came in very well packaged and they accept offers. Don't know if anyone has ordered form DNI but I'll be picking up a 2nd one from them here shortly. :D:D Com closet is quiet again.

Reactions: fohdeesha

Glock24

May 13, 2019
Hello,

I just got a ICX6430-24P for $65 off eBay +$20 for shipping to my county. I needed a bigger switch and also needed PoE and preferably something with low power consumption, so this one fit perfectly.

It was not reset when sold, it seemed to have ask least 3 VLANs configured and most ports with PoE off, so I could not use it straight away. I needed reset it to factory defaults, and to do that I needed a console cable, so I made one. I cleared the config, updated to latest bootcode, latest L2 image and latest PoE firmware.

The fans are a little too loud for my taste, I'll probably replace them with something more silent. Any recommendations? What kind of fans should I look for?

Is there a way to schedule power for the PoE ports? For example, turn on ports 4-6 from 6:00 to 18:00, turn them off the rest of the time. I did not find anything like that in the documentation not in the GUI.

Is there a command I can send via telnet/ssh to accomplish the aforementioned scheduling? I could setup cron on a computer or VM to turn on or off the power for some ports.

Thanks in advance.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
there's no built in poe scheduling (don't think I've ever heard of that in a switch), but you can indeed do it via cli (you can do everything from the cli)

enable
conf t
int e 1/1/1
inline power

to turn it off:

enable
conf t
int e 1/1/1
no inline power

Glock24

May 13, 2019
there's no built in poe scheduling (don't think I've ever heard of that in a switch), but you can indeed do it via cli (you can do everything from the cli)

enable
conf t
int e 1/1/1
inline power

to turn it off:

enable
conf t
int e 1/1/1
no inline power
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I know of those commands, but I was looking for a way to automate turning on or off some ports.

Here's an example of this:
IMG_20190513_170206.jpg

There you can set profiles where you specify such ports have power and select a profile depending on the time or day.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
those commands were in response to your question "Is there a command I can send via telnet/ssh to accomplish the aforementioned scheduling? I could setup cron on a computer or VM to turn on or off the power for some ports."

those are the commands you would send via cron

Reactions: Glock24

BThunderW

Jul 8, 2013
Canada, eh?
www.copyerror.com
Hello,

The fans are a little too loud for my taste, I'll probably replace them with something more silent. Any recommendations? What kind of fans should I look for?

Thanks in advance.
I replaced my fans with Noctua NF-A4x20 FLX fans. They're a bit pricey but damn near silent, I have it sitting next to me and I can't hear it at all. The switch does report the fans as failed tho.

Glock24

May 13, 2019
those commands were in response to your question "Is there a command I can send via telnet/ssh to accomplish the aforementioned scheduling? I could setup cron on a computer or VM to turn on or off the power for some ports."

those are the commands you would send via cron
Thanks, will try them.

I replaced my fans with Noctua NF-A4x20 FLX fans. They're a bit pricey but damn near silent, I have it sitting next to me and I can't hear it at all. The switch does report the fans as failed tho.
Do the original fans have 3 or 4 pins? Are they reported as failed because of the low rpms?

ekv

Feb 23, 2018
I've seen a ICX6610-24F-E listed as having "24 port 1G SFP, plus 8 x 1G SFPP uplinks ports (upgradeable to 10G)"

So just to clarify, are those 24 ports really SFP and not RJ45? And to upgrade the 8 SFP+ to 10G that would take an extra license (or lic's)?

Lambdariver

Mar 24, 2019
to make the sfp+ ports work at 10gb you have to pm some guy on here
Haha! Major thanks to said guy. I was able to unlock all features in the beef overload which will be fantastic for some hands-on learning in my lab. Don't want to look like a (complete) bozo when working with my network engineers on re-architecting the datacenters at work.

The switch does report the fans as failed tho.
Been meaning to whip up a circuit to fake the tach signal of the fan so it reports it's working correctly. If I get it working, I'll definitely post the schematic. The switch goes into a bootloop for me if it detects the "failed" fans. Have to install the originals long enough for the boot to complete, then can be hot-swapped back to the quiet ones.

Skippy96

May 14, 2019
I just purchased a 6610-24P that came with fans and no power supplies. Is it possible to use the RPS15-e power supplies on this (250w +POE) or do they only support the RPS16-e (1,000w + POE)? I know from the first post it says they only use 80W and it looks like the pinout is the same

Thanks

Skippy96

May 14, 2019
it looks like the -e or -i are to do with airflow direction (Intake, Exhaust)
https://fohdeesha.com/data/other/brocade/ICX6610 Datasheet.pdf

RPS15-E Brocade ICX 6610/6650 non-PoE 250 W PSU, power-supply-side exhaust airflow
RPS15-I Brocade ICX 6610/6650 non-PoE 250 W PSU, power-supply-side intake airflow
RPS16-E 1,000 W power supply for Brocade ICX 6610 PoE models, power-supply-side exhaust airflow
RPS16-I 1,000 W power supply for Brocade ICX 6610 PoE models, power-supply-side intake airflow
RPS16DC-E 510 W DC power supply for Brocade ICX 6610, power-supply-side exhaust airflow
RPS16DC-I 510 W DC power supply for Brocade ICX 6610, power-supply-side intake airflow

i Picked up some 15s rev C's but my switch is POE :( anyone want to trade? :)

bkvamme

Sep 23, 2018
Just picked up a ICX6610-48P-PE for 359USD including shipping to replace my now mixed assortment of switches. Currently have a ICX-6450-24, an HP 1810-24G and a Mikrotik CRS-309. Might actually end up with more or less the same power consumption...