Where to buy Epyc 7371?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kwhite

May 9, 2019
Hello all!

I'm trying to price out some new servers for work. I'd like to use Epyc: I'd really like Epyc 2, but that keeps seeming to be "several months out", so I'm looking at what I'd get if I had to buy something sooner than that (which may be the case).

I'm really interested in the Epyc 7371. I think, for our purposes, that the higher single core speed would be more useful than more cores, so I really like where it sits.

But I can't find them.

Newegg has a couple of resellers selling OEM tray chips. But I'm looking at Supermicro servers, and most of them need to be sold by an integrator these days. I can't find any Supermicro seller that has the 7371.

Does anyone know of a dealer that has them available?

Thanks,

Kevin

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just get a quote. Online is not the way to buy EPYC servers and CPUs.

kwhite

May 9, 2019
Well, that's my problem. I'm not sure who to get a quote from. I'm not seeing anyone who claims to have the product. I guess I don't know this channel well. It isn't presenting itself well to people like me who don't know it.

efschu2

Feb 14, 2019
Look out for a dealer which offers supermicro server, write an email to him or take the faster way and just call him, ask him if he can sell you a supermicro server with the 7371. Because supermicro mostly will setup the server completly and ship it to your dealer (reseller), 99% of all dealers will say "yes we can sell you your wish-configured server", because they do not configure/build it by themselves. For buying enterprise hardware for enterprise environment, it's always a good idea to communicate with your dealer first.