Mellanox CX312C with Windows 10

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AndyO

Jun 18, 2017
I'm looking at a Mellanox Connect-X 3 card that's available locally. It's to replace a Chelsio card I could never get to run for more than a few minutes without crashing my Windows 10 box connected to an Aruba S2500, accessing a SuperMicro-based FreeNAS.

The card is labeled CX312C, and it's the "C" that has me wondering. The only documentation I can find just says it's a 2-port 10GbE Ethernet card, but it also calls it "High Message Rate" vs the CX312B or CX311A. The label on the card says it's a CNA card, but I assume that any extra protocols it might support won't affect me. Their web site says it uses the same Windows drivers as all the Connect-X 3 cards.

So - just wondering if anyone here has any experience with these, and if I'm going to have problems. At the end of the day it's a less than $50 investment, so not a big risk. Thanks, all!

Andy O

AndyO

Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. I got my card on Thursday and it's been running great. My only issue is that it only came with the low profile bracket and my server is full-height. Any idea if the bracket for the CX312A or CX312B will fit?