How to price my FS items?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JC Connell

Apr 17, 2016
I'll be moving soon and my server can't come with me. I'm looking to sell what I've got, but since I haven't stayed up on pricing I'm not sure how much it's worth. Here's what I've got:

- Intel P4000 4U server chassis w/ 2x 750w power supplies (P4308XXMHGR)
- Intel S2600CP Motherboard w/ Dual E5-2650 SR0KQ , 128GB Ram
- Intel RMS25KB080 cross flashed with LSI9205-83 IT firmware

What's the above worth? I'm located near Orlando, FL and if possible I'd prefer not to ship. I assume the geographic limitation may also affect the pricing.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Not being willing to ship is going to make selling items like that rather difficult. You can look at sold listings on eBay to get a general idea of what something is worth. Subtract a bit (since eBay takes ~10%, better to give a discount here) from those prices and you should be in ballpark for what to expect.

JC Connell

Apr 17, 2016
I hesitate on shipping only because I fear damage but I'll definitely change my tune if it's going to make the process easier.

I'm seeing $200 for the case, and about $400 for the Motherboard, CPU, RAM combo. Would it be reasonable to ask $700 for all of it?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Easiest way to gauge the market price is to search the item on eBay. Don’t look just at items currently for sale but check the ‘sold’ items filter on the search. It’s not perfect, but prices of recent actual sales give you a good idea what things might sell for.

Reactions: arglebargle

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Easiest way to gauge the market price is to search the item on eBay. Don’t look just at items currently for sale but check the ‘sold’ items filter on the search. It’s not perfect, but prices of recent actual sales give you a good idea what things might sell for.
I love that you bring this up, it drives me nuts when people try to value things based on the price of items that haven't sold yet and possibly never will. Actual sale prices are absolutely the way to go :)