Where do I look for short depth ATX chassis?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lapsio

Jul 24, 2016
Where do people typically look for short depth ATX rackmount chassis? I mean in general - are there any websites where you can just specify expected depth range, U height, number of HDD cages etc? I tried with Server Case UK but their search engine really stinks and eg. if you choose 480mm depth it won't find for example chassis that is 483mm deep... In general those criteria are really strict and filter out way too many products.

I'd like to compile some list with couple of full ATX cases (not full systems with mobo) between 420 and 500mm, 3 and 4U to compare. From various brands. For now I only found Logic Case to provide half decent search engine that actually allowed me to find few cases matching my requirements. But I believe Logic Case is not the only manufacturer in the world to produce short depth 4U ATX chassis...

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Inter-tech - i just bought a 4u with 8x 3.5” trays. Prolly shit build quality etc, but i just need to install it once so im okay with that

lapsio

Jul 24, 2016
Inter-tech - i just bought a 4u with 8x 3.5” trays. Prolly shit build quality etc, but i just need to install it once so im okay with that
Wow thanks their cases are great and they even have 3U with 14 3.5" HDDs max (after using 3x5.25 -> 5x3.5 adapter). And easily available from Amazon! It's sick!

I'm newbie in server cases, it's gonna be literally my first case - are there any caveats if I were to get this case?:
3U 30248 - Inter-Tech GmbH

I mean I see that it has only 5 pci-e openings but it means that remaining 2 will just go under PSU and I simply won't be able to access them but I can still use just normal mobo with 7 pci-e slots right? I don't need to look for some fancy 5 pci-e slots shorter ATX mobo? Otherwise I'd probably go for 4U 4088-S - Inter-Tech GmbH but it's 4U and since I have quite low rack (only 10U) I guess 3U would be nice space saver.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I am using this case , 8 x 3.5" disk, plenty of room for few more SSD inside.

http://www.norcotek.com/product/rpc-4308/

Dimensions (W x D x H) 19″ x 15.25″ x 7″ (483mm x 387mm x 176mm)

Fit perfect in a IKEA night stands with wheels. I could move my datacenter from room to room depends on winter or summer season.

lapsio

Jul 24, 2016
I am using this case , 8 x 3.5" disk, plenty of room for few more SSD inside.

http://www.norcotek.com/product/rpc-4308/

Dimensions (W x D x H) 19″ x 15.25″ x 7″ (483mm x 387mm x 176mm)

Fit perfect in a IKEA night stands with wheels. I could move my datacenter from room to room depends on winter or summer season.
Funny design but I don't need chassis to be this short. It's 600mm rack so cases between 450 and even probably 520 should fit well. My current RAID already has 10 drives so I don't think I'd go below 10-12. Especially in 4U.