Micron 5100 3.84TB SSD for US$200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
with 1500 postive reviews, been around for 13 years, and with all those tests done on teh drives, I have a feeling I'll be OK.

Reactions: Samir

Axam

Aug 15, 2017
Got 2 drives from the same seller from Israel for $285 each. Offee was accepted fast. Heh, didn't know that 270 will work also.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Few places selling from Israel on eBay that are very legit and have good prices on IT equipment, I was skeptical but did my due diligence and certainly my transactions have been fine.
They were consistently below USA prices which seemed odd. But serial numbers of equipment on delivery all checked out so guess they get some good deal somehow.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Few places selling from Israel on eBay that are very legit and have good prices on IT equipment, I was skeptical but did my due diligence and certainly my transactions have been fine.
They were consistently below USA prices which seemed odd. But serial numbers of equipment on delivery all checked out so guess they get some good deal somehow.
Israeli tech firms are no joke, they're a legitimate tech hub. I'm not at all surprised that there are liquidators unloading off-lease IT gear from their local tech industry.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Lots of mil/defense and tech startups over there. They have tons of RF engineering equipment too, I got a full CDMA testset from one Israeli vendor that originally sold "retail" for >35k USD. Paid ~1k for it.

Did you have any issues with customs or import tax?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Did you have any issues with customs or import tax?
Not so far but my destination shipping is Singapore or Australia and rates for shipping not that bad either.

I was aware a lot of the development in Israel but just pointing out to other really. Been to a lot of counties for visiting and I look forward to visiting but no chance yet.

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Unless it desperately needs to be 3.84tb.. Have a chat to @Emek .. Think he has some 3.2tb microns up for sale :)

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I'll be OK as the 2TB micron's i'm using have been in service for 1.5yrs and finally time to get them all replaced.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
  • Micron MTFDDAK2T0TBN-1AR1ZABYY 2TB Micron 3D TLC NAND Flash

Nope. Consumer drives. 3yr warranty, only in year 2, will replace all 3 due to relocating sectors. Gotta see how MIcron's warranty works. hopefully those relocated sectors are enough for replacement.

Reactions: zack$

n4n

May 29, 2019
But getting back to the item sold I checked eBay feedback, it was genuine, all positive

mrrensing01

Dec 9, 2015
All eight of mine showed up with 0 writes and single or low double digit power on hours. Still can't believe it was legit. SSD prices have been dropping but haven't seen 4TB at $200 since...

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
i got all 3 of my 4TB drives working, precleared, running like a champ. It cost me 300/drive and they were all used but i'll take it.

If there is every 4TB drives at that 200 amount I'll buy 8 more and move all my data to flash and then offload all my old content to spinning disks.