Hp NC523 10Gb not pinging

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RicBorg

Apr 21, 2019
Hello. I am trying to build my own home lab and have 3 of these cards laying with I connected to my servers but they can't seem to ping each other. They recognize link up with sfp+ Dac from HP or LevelOne but can't ping each other. ..
I tried on 2016Standard and W10.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So how have you connected them - directly? Switch?
Whats your IP setup on each of your (3?) boxes?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
single port card, or dual port ? Tried with just one connected? Ping to self works? Network is set to private/FW is off?

RicBorg

Apr 21, 2019
It's a dual sfp+ 10gb port card. Yes with just one port and tried in all loop back connection but still no connection. Yes ping to self works.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
ok, so the cards are showing link, you have provided an ip which is not in your standard network to each of them, each can ping that ip locally, the adapter is not showing any errors, the network is set to private and you still cant ping the other IP ?
No vlans assigned, no weird GWs?

RicBorg

Apr 21, 2019
No vlan or other non default cfg.
Boredsysadmin I have to check the latest fw for my card as yours is a different model but I was under the notice that was already loaded with last. Also is not only ping that doesn't work but also access to shared folders. I can't have 3 broken cards don't I ? Maybe is the Dac cables but ordered cable from HP itself and still won't work.

RicBorg

Apr 21, 2019
It seems that the solution was quite simple. It all had to do with cooling. As this card runs hotter than the sun it blocks itself after few minutes if no cooling is provided, something that also my Dl360e was unable to provide. I attached a fan connected to internal USB and now it's staying at 30° under load and working no stop. Thanks in advance.