FS.com XL710 Network Adapters

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dan K.

Aug 30, 2016
Does anyone have experience with these? I'm looking to move a low power home lab to Proxmox on a Ubnt ES-16-XG so I'm wondering if there are any issues there. The product page shows pretty wide compatibility with Linux and other OS's. Any reason I should choose Mellanox X3 2 port over this? The price seems pretty reasonable for a new 4 port SFP+ card.

Quad Port SFP+ PCIe3.0 x8 10Gb Network Card | 10gb NIC Server Adapters

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Intel has less offload features than Mellanox, for example iWARP/RDMA.

Intel cards are nice but the often cost a lot more than mellanox (for now at least)

Maybe better basic OS support for intel though ?

Dan K.

Aug 30, 2016
Good find. So these are essentially the same as the knock offs/counterfeits on ebay?

I'm not really worried about RDMA. AFAIK my switch doesn't support it so I couldn't handle that without direct connections anyway.

bobmc

Apr 25, 2019
My company bought about a dozen 10Gb HPE compatible SFP modules from FS.com a few months ago.

I can only say our experience was very positive. We screwed up and ordered the wrong model and didn't realise for serveral months. After-sales were very responsive and we got them exchanged without any hassle. They've been in use now for about six months without any issues at all and of course they were a lot cheaper than the HP equivalents.

No connection with the company just thought I'd share the experience.