Intel Scalable single socket board with 12 dimms ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Has anybody seen intel scalable boards (not systems from HPE, Dell, Lenovo, etc) that are single socket and 12 dimms ?
Lots with just 6 and some with the ugly config of 8 but with a quick look can’t find 12 dimm single socket.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Yep. A workstation board but I don’t ever remember seeing that before. I assume it’s a new release for the just released new v2 scalable cpu’s

I did see new 2999 speed 64gb rdimm (not LR) appearing in price list so maybe 6 is good if the price not crazy, will give me 384gb

Krobar

Aug 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure the AQC107 is fine for workstation use but is missing SRIO-v and some server features which are particularly important if you are doing a VM server. This board looks great for IO heavy workstation though, especially since some of the new V2 Scalables Silvers look almost reasonably priced.

TRACKER

Jan 14, 2019
AQC107 is going to have official ESXi driver soon (this info comes from Aquantia).
I've contacted Aquantia support few days ago about ESXi driver and they have indeed (not officially announced yet) driver :)
I was able to install it on ESXi 6.7 U1 and it works flawlessly so far. Will check if SR-IOV is available on my ESX host once i have time.
Driver can be found here:
Aquantia/AQtion-esxi

Reactions: cactus and BennyT

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
Whoa, thanks for the pointer to the driver. I never thought it would happen.