Second Generation Intel Xeon Scalable SKU List and Value Analysis

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Microsoft licensing doesn’t really affect me and I guess people are more interested in cores but 16 to 20 does mean extra cost.. I guess not a bit issue for everybody ?

Edu

Aug 8, 2017
Really, Cascade lake is a price cut and a small clock increase. For instance, the old 4116 Silver has the same spec as the new 4214 (except small clock increase) and price is cut from $1000 to $700. This is as expected, because competition has better product (i.e Rome)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
And you know what that ‘price’ cut as you say puts some pressure on AMD now where AMD we’re showing s big price leadership, if the difference is less or similar price intel will get sales (perceived reduced risk)
The advantage is in the common purchased mid range CPU.

Looks at the 6154/6254 a go to VDI CPU because if it’s base frequency, it’s price has risen ~8% and got no more cores a 0.1ghz base frequency increase.
Ouch ! Of course $300 is nothing compared to the 768gb ram, video cards!, and SSD’s in the system let alone license cost so Intel know’s we still buy and makes some additional $$

Apr 30, 2018
"the Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 series is a dual socket platform glued together with UPI between the sockets and two silicon die per socket"
too soon on the verbiage?