FS: Home Lab Kit - Xeon Scalable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Hi folks. I'm selling my Xeon Scalable home lab and going back to latest Xeon-D two single node solutions. Now that we have full DR Runbook/Orchestration capabilities built in and I can run Production Nutanix Code on Xeon D (internal employees only) i'm moving back to two smaller Supermicro 8Core Xeon D E300 systems that can be rackmounted and mobile.

This would make a great small footprint workstation as well. Dual 10Gb, M.2 NVMe support, small form factor, low power, etc.

I have the following for sale:

Supermicro MBD-X11SPM-TF-O Micro ATX Server Motherboard Intel C622
Intel Xeon Scalable Silver 4116 SkyLake 12-Core 2.1GHz (3.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 3647 85W BX806734116 Server Processor
Supermicro SNK-P0070APS4 LGA 3647-0 4U X11 Purley Platform CPU Heat Sink

I am selling this as a complete kit. Just add RAM and storage and you're off an running. I will also include the SAS to SATA Breakout cables for the board as well and and added Noctua Fan.

Pics and system build log can be found here. Only the parts listed above are included in the price:

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/project-x-map.20164/

PRICE: $1000 Shipped CONT US (FYI, the board and the Proc are $1500 alone so you are essentially getting everything else at no cost w/shipping and without tax)

Last edited:
Reactions: Evan

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Hello,

Don't know if you still have this stuff. The CPU is a bit higher end than I need, I could use the M/B but not exactly what I was planning to get. I don't really have use for the case and PS.

My proposed build is here:
https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...-advice-on-build-storage-spaces-server.23719/

Basically I just thought I would drop you a line in case you don't get any other interest but still want to get something for it.

I think that M/B would be worth about $250-$300 maybe, for me to go used and let go of some of things I get on the motherboard I am looking at. I could use an add-on HBA for SAS, and I could use a PCIe card to add more NVMe SSDs....

On the CPU, I don't even see any for sale used to compare it to, so I am not sure how much to take off for that. When I have sold things like this in the past I assume 50% of whatever it is new, but I could see that being too low for you.

So I guess I would be at around $800 for CPU+MB+cooler.

Not trying to insult you or anything, doesn't hurt to throw it out there.

-JCL

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
If you're looking for 50% off you're in the wrong place but if you look at the total cost of all parts you'll see it's heavily discounted for the entire setup. These are server grade parts and they demand a premium based on the current market. This is a much different market than standard PC parts and even in that case typical best case is 30%.

I get that you're interest is not the entire setup but that's not how this is being positioned and I don't fall into the "i need $ category." If it doesn't sell here or other places, I have local options that typically work out.

Reactions: pgh5278