New Hynix 1.92TB SATA SSD - $179.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

XO_au

Mar 14, 2019
Got a heap of these through... checked every one of them and can't see any contacts ever making a mark on the copper contacts (SATA or POWER).

SMART data seems pretty well intact and reflected a "new" drive.

HPE has released new firmware for this drive, but as I'm running Windows 10, I'm not able to get it to flash without erroring due to unsupported OS.... I'd load up a win 2016 install if I could be bothered.. but don't think it's worth the trouble.

XO_au

Mar 14, 2019
Looks like the Buy it now price has been increased to US $219.99 . Still cheap though.

djwenlez

Mar 29, 2019
Got a heap of these through... checked every one of them and can't see any contacts ever making a mark on the copper contacts (SATA or POWER).

SMART data seems pretty well intact and reflected a "new" drive.

HPE has released new firmware for this drive, but as I'm running Windows 10, I'm not able to get it to flash without erroring due to unsupported OS.... I'd load up a win 2016 install if I could be bothered.. but don't think it's worth the trouble.
where do you find the new firmware? do you mind to share a link? I certainly want to update the firmware before I put them into use.

Last edited:
Reactions: abq