Napp-it ZFS Filesystems menu disappearing.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

crept

May 17, 2016
Hello guys,

Fresh install of OpenIndiana fully updated to today (illumos-946342a260 March 2019)
Fresh install of Napp-it (18.12q2).
Going into ZFS Filesystems menu, briefly shows all properties on file systems and then disappears.
Is something wrong with the install or something Gea has to fix within Napp-it?

Thanks.

Attachments

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Can you try a zfs list at console, does it work?
What happens after a reboot?
Any change since the listing disappears?

crept

May 17, 2016
Hi Gea,

Doing a ZFS List at console does work. I see rpool/boot environments, a test pool and two file systems that I created.
A reboot does not fix the ZFS menu from disappearing (flashes and it's gone). I am able (if fast enough) to click on a property such as sync or compress and I do get the sub menu to appear and change the value, which does work.
As far as I have tested, every other menu does work as it should.

Looks like there are some new updates (pkg update this morning) I'll apply and test again.

crept

May 17, 2016
OpenIndiana build illumos-4976ccaaeb March 2019. ZFS Filesystems menu still not working as it should.
Thanks.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Seems that I need to update my OI test VM to newest and check

(have not seen such problems in my production OmniOS machines and mostly OmniOS and OI behaves quite identically, ok as OI is ongoing Illumos while OmniOS has a stable freeze, problems can appear on OI first)

crept

May 17, 2016
Thank you Gea. Really appreciate all of your effort.

Ran a bonnie test, this is the output:

Code:
NAME      SIZE      Bonnie      Date(y.m.d)      File      Seq-Wr-Chr      %CPU      Seq-Write      %CPU      Seq-Rewr      %CPU      Seq-Rd-Chr      %CPU      Seq-Read      %CPU      Rnd Seeks      %CPU      Files      Seq-Create      Rnd-Create

Test      5.44T      start      16 10977      39 +++++ +++ 13360      63 12871      46 +++++ +++      8530      49      0 MB/s      0 MB/s      0 MB/s      0 MB/s      0 MB/s      /s      /s      /s
Looks like some other things broke as well.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Seems that the problem may be basically disk related.

As you said, the filesystems just appear for a moment this would explain as well as then the accelerator reloads all infos in the background. Disable acc (topmenu, upper right) to verify.

crept

May 17, 2016
Yes sir, disabling the accelerator brings back the entries in the ZFS Filesystems menu.