FS: [Pre-] Spring 2019 cleaning sale - 16 * 3.5 hot-swap server chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I have a number of items I'll list in this thread, but to start things off:

SOLD * Ci Design NSR316 server/storage chassis. Manufacturer's product page. This is a 16 * 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap EATX chassis with space for 2 * 2.5" drives and a CD / DVD drive. It comes with all of the standard items listed on the manufacturer's web page, plus: 2 * brand new spare 80Plus hot-swap power supplies (820W each), internal pre-wiring w/ 4 * SFF-8087 backplane cables and 3 * SATA cables (for optional 2.5" drives and CD/DVD), a pre-mounted slot load DVD drive, brand new in box rackmount rails/hardware, and a pair of Intel STS100C active heatsink/fan Xeon 5500/5600 coolers. This unit has 3 * Nidec fans in the fan wall and 2 * San Ace fans on the rear panel - all excellent fans, but a bit noisy for home use. They are easily swapped for quieter fans if you're using a motherboard that won't let you slow them down enough to be quiet. I'd rate this as between a Norco RPC-3216 and a Supermicro SC836, but a lot closer to the Supermicro than the Norco. The power supplies support PMBus and can be monitored with SMCIPMITool if a Supermicro motherboard is installed. Front panel cables are individual labeled connectors to support any motherboard without needing a Supermicro-type adapter cable. Manufacturer list price for the chassis (without extras as listed above) is $920. Asking $100, pickup only at either of my office locations - Larchmont, NY (Weschester) or Jersey City, NJ (Hudson).

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I would chew my arm off to take it, I'm really struggling for bays with my 12'er. Unfortunately I'm in Canuckistan and can't reach that far. I will assume that you will shift it within a couple of hours, but if not, I do have a US shipping address in ND that I can get it shipped to and collect it from there if you were willing :)

illamint

Dec 25, 2015
How close is your office to the PATH? I'm interested and in Manhattan, but without a vehicle.