FS: Supermicro 5in3 Hot Swap Cage $50

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
Been in rackmount gear for years, found this in storage and have no need for it.

Has a nice San Ace fan on it and works well.

Imgur

50 bucks + actual shipping.

heatware: jbrukardt

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Which model is this? There are a number of Supermicro 5 in 3 and they all look pretty similar from the front, even the SCSI one.

jcl333

May 28, 2011
If it is the SAS/SATA variant and can take SATA3 drives, I will take it if Aestr doesn't want it.
I was just thinking of buying one of these....

The new one's with SAS/SATA are about $150...

-JCL

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
If it is the SAS/SATA variant and can take SATA3 drives, I will take it if Aestr doesn't want it.
I was just thinking of buying one of these....

The new one's with SAS/SATA are about $150...

-JCL
its confirmed to be the below, backplane matches:

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Mobile Rack | CSE-M35T-1B

It looks to be a completely passive backplane, so i dont see why it wouldnt support SATA3 harddrives. The pin interface is the same as sata1

ArthurA

Sep 26, 2018
its confirmed to be the below, backplane matches:

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Mobile Rack | CSE-M35T-1B

It looks to be a completely passive backplane, so i dont see why it wouldnt support SATA3 harddrives. The pin interface is the same as sata1
I'm in the middle of reworking an old FreeNAS 9.x system that has two of these haven't had a chance yet to confirm if they work at SATA3 signalling rates but it doesn't much matter to me since they're not expanders and the drives going in peak at around 200MB/s. While I don't need a third cage there's room for it in the case so if JCL333 isn't interested I'll bite.

PM incoming.