Intel SSD 750 Series 400GB 2.5" PCIe NVMe - 130$ each

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have some posted cheaper in here... no PM yet.

I don't think any frenzy is going to being.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I assume these require a special backplane specifically for PCIE drives, right?
You can use m2 to u2 adapter that's what I use for a 2.5" drive like this on my desktop :)

You can also use a PCIE Adapter like Funtin to convert the 2.5" into single PCIE device, I use numerous of these too with great success. There are other PCIE adapters with multiple ports too.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
You can use m2 to u2 adapter that's what I use for a 2.5" drive like this on my desktop :)

You can also use a PCIE Adapter like Funtin to convert the 2.5" into single PCIE device, I use numerous of these too with great success. There are other PCIE adapters with multiple ports too.
Am I correct in reading that these drives only have an endurance rating of 127TBW?

Tiberizzle

Mar 23, 2017
Am I correct in reading that these drives only have an endurance rating of 127TBW?
I do believe you are.

Elsewhere on Intel's site it's specified as 70GB per day.

That's pretty comical.

It would take 58 seconds of sequential writes per day to reach that figure or around 30 total hours of sequential write to reach the lifetime write specification.

I would say very definitely inappropriate for heavy write workloads, particularly random small block I/O with write amplification.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I do believe you are.

Elsewhere on Intel's site it's specified as 70GB per day.

That's pretty comical.

It would take 58 seconds of sequential writes per day to reach that figure or around 30 total hours of sequential write to reach the lifetime write specification.

I would say very definitely inappropriate for heavy write workloads, particularly random small block I/O with write amplification.
Yea these are clearly not for heavy write usage when you look at the endurance rating and the write speeds.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
These are consumer drives you 2, clearly they never were intended for any constant writing... that's not even debatable.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
These are consumer drives you 2, clearly they never were intended for any constant writing... that's not even debatable.
I totally get it. Just not sure what's the use case for NVMe type speeds with such low warrantied reliability.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
I totally get it. Just not sure what's the use case for NVMe type speeds with such low warrantied reliability.
OS DRIVE for Windows Desktop. Badass for that, esp at this price.

Where are all the posts of these running out of endurance...? Right... so they under rate them :)

Like I said I have a family member with one of thse in use as an OS disk + Video production, no idea on writes, still going just fine :)

If I had more PCIE lanes my 2 would be in my desktop :) But between my optane and gpu, I may as well just use SATA :p with whats left LOL.