File transfer solution - server to server - control from client

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Hyldig

Jan 16, 2019
Hi i'm trying to find an optimal solution for handling transferring files between my servers over internet.

I wan't to be able to handler server to server transfers (directly, not temp. stored on client), but managed from a client, preferebly a web ui of some sort (that the actual transfer dosn't go through.

Is there any software/solution that can do that?

Overview of my setup

Server A - Windows Server (if necessary this could be changed..), off location not on local network
- Host some websites
- Some game servers
- Used to have FTP server running here
Server B - ESXI, in home, local network
- Freeenas, have my local network storage that all devices, VM's etc. on home network can mount
- Windows server, used to RDP into this, open FTP client connect to Server A and transfer back and forth what i needed
- Other VM's in ESXI i play around with...
Bonus - Raspberry PI, Raspbian (docker based applications), home network
- Running some Home Assistant + Node red + automations for Smart Home Devices
- Reverse proxy for services on home network
Home router - Asus AC68U, WRT-Merlin

Mainly transferring files between Server A and B.

SIlviu

May 27, 2016
Nextcloud + External Storage

You can copy or move from one external storage to another

SIlviu

May 27, 2016
He wants server to server but to make the transfer from a remote client with a web ui.

Hyldig

Jan 16, 2019
Nextcloud + External Storage

You can copy or move from one external storage to another
This looks really interesting. Have it up and running, but it's really challenging my linux (and VM) knowledge doing mounting of shares, connection external storage and actually getting it to transfer files between it. Gonna continue to try and see if i can make it work!

ftp fxp should do the trick:
File eXchange Protocol - Wikipedia

there might be security issues that needs to be considered.

-jannis
I have been looking at this, but in the end newer found a solution to this from a web gui. If i don't get the above to work, will probably start to look at this again
You mentioned you couldn't do server to server? What about something like a private VPN? Maybe something like ZeroTier?

ZeroTier | Home
Have had VPN running, but in the end with the seups i've tried needed to to connect to it as all well from client, or remote to the servers.