Mellanox ConnectX-2 VPI Dual Port MHRH2A-XSR $6.50 or BO + $5 S&H

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rain

May 13, 2013
Note that even though this card has QSFP ports it can only do 20Gb DDR IB or 10GbE. That's likely why these are so cheap. If all you're looking for is 10GbE you'll likely need QSFP to SFP+ adapters to connect to other 10GbE equipment. Unless you need InfiniBand, you'd probably be better off with a ConnectX-3 (or ConnectX-2) card that has SFP+ ports.

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
Note that even though this card has QSFP ports it can only do 20Gb DDR IB or 10GbE. That's likely why these are so cheap. If all you're looking for is 10GbE you'll likely need QSFP to SFP+ adapters to connect to other 10GbE equipment. Unless you need InfiniBand, you'd probably be better off with a ConnectX-3 (or ConnectX-2) card that has SFP+ ports.
Yep! I just made this mistake last week, that is why I am giving away the 3 cards I bought. The adapters would have cost me just as much as new cards.

After doing a bit of research, it was worth paying a bit more for the connectx-3 for better compatibility/support as I could not find the connectx-2 very cheap with the combination of the high profile bracket and sfp+ port(s).