{Solved] Supermicro X8DTE-F IPMI sensor issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

teflox

Aug 30, 2017
@teflox thanks for posting a hosted link! Did you reboot the BMC module after update? Sometimes that seems to do the trick
Yes I did that and also shutdown the whole server and disconnected the PSUs for a while for good measure. Still the same false sensor readings.

Not sure how, or if, to proceed from here. Thanks for your help so far nonetheless.

teflox

Aug 30, 2017
Tried the 02 firmware too -> same results.
I'm now back to firmware revision 2.22, because the virtual console works best with this version (at least in my case).

So for the time being I'll have live with the wrong sensor readings.

SIlviu

May 27, 2016
Hi there, tried all links but they are expired, can you please help me with this firmware?

Thank you

SIlviu

May 27, 2016
I had version 2.22 and my IPMI log was spamming with "General Chassis Intrusion - Asserted" (thought was the switch but I installed a jumper and was the same) and the VBAT (CMOS Battery) was fluctuating from 2.6 to 3.2V. With this firmware all is ok.

Thank you !

Last edited:
Reactions: chinesestunna

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
@cpandrew I sadly cleaned the file way back and can't find it, maybe one of the others @SIlviu can provide. Another option is to reach out to SM support directly, they are very friendly and willing to help outside of warranty

cpandrew

Oct 7, 2020
Just wanted to share that simply upgrading to this firmware didn't fix my incorrect sensor readings, but resetting IPMI to factory defaults with ipmicfg did the trick.

Reactions: chinesestunna

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Just wanted to share that simply upgrading to this firmware didn't fix my incorrect sensor readings, but resetting IPMI to factory defaults with ipmicfg did the trick.
Yes that's exactly what's required of the new firmware, like BIOS updates, sometimes you have to reset after the update for the settings to take place