Tile 4 Pack 39.99 at Staples

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
So this is the best deal I've seen on The Tile devices - it's a 4 Pack that's at Staples - bough 1 the other day and grabbed a second 4 pack just now since I Had a $5 Off Rewards from Staples so 37 and change after tax. It's great to help keep track or and find your stuff especially if you misplace things or leave your laptop at work as I do from time to time. Downside to the Tiles the batteries can't be replaced. But this th ebest deal I've seen on the Tiles - not sure how long the 39.99 is good for though. Also it appears to be in store only as I can't find it online.

Joshin

May 11, 2017
This doesn't seem to be a Great Deal for stuff relating to:

"those looking to have in home or office servers all the way up to some of the largest hosting organizations in the world. This site is dedicated to helping professionals and enthusiasts stay atop of the latest server, storage and networking trends."

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
If you want to be picky, think of these as some of the parts required to build a personal area network, used to keep track of your external hard disks, back-up tapes, USB sticks and etc :D

Whether it's a Great Deal or not is highly subjective. If you are in the market for a way to keep track of your ancillaries, or anything else for that matter, this is probably a novel way of achieving it, if you are not, then it will be of little interest to you. I'm not, for example, particularly interested in them, so for me it's not a Great Deal. I had no idea they even existed until now, so even though it's not a Great Deal for me, it is something new for me to learn about, and that's what makes this site the place that it is :)

Reactions: Aestr and Serhan

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
this is interesting concept... but for me, the #1 thing I seem "hunt" for often is my phone. So, if I need my phone to find one of these "tiles", that would not be helpful...

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
this is interesting concept... but for me, the #1 thing I seem "hunt" for often is my phone. So, if I need my phone to find one of these "tiles", that would not be helpful...
on the Iphone you can use a tile to ring the phone. Doesn't seem to work that way on Android tho' at least not yt for me.

SwanRonson

Sep 27, 2018
These are great for older parents!

Also nice to keep on those fancy $250 car keys.

I hate Tile's subscription model which needlessly encourages e-waste, but unfortunately the competitors with replaceable batteries are downright terrible. Also, it makes sense for it to be sealed off from the elements, which is obviously more difficult with replaceable batteries.

on the Iphone you can use a tile to ring the phone. Doesn't seem to work that way on Android tho' at least not yt for me.
as always with android, compatibility issues abound. my units work both ways with moto g6.

Cadal

Jul 8, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
These are great for older parents!

Also nice to keep on those fancy $250 car keys.

I hate Tile's subscription model which needlessly encourages e-waste, but unfortunately the competitors with replaceable batteries are downright terrible. Also, it makes sense for it to be sealed off from the elements, which is obviously more difficult with replaceable batteries.

as always with android, compatibility issues abound. my units work both ways with moto g6.
Agreed their prior products did support this model but the new Tile Pro and Mate versions have replaceable batteries - now whether or not this now makes them unsafe around kids, considering they use kids toys in their adverts, remains to be seen.

Edit: Looked like my tone was angry, wasn't intentional, removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwanRonson

SwanRonson

Sep 27, 2018
Agreed their prior products did support this model but the new Tile Pro and Mate versions have replaceable batteries - now whether or not this now makes them unsafe around kids, considering they use kids toys in their adverts, remains to be seen.

Edit: Looked like my tone was angry, wasn't intentional, removed.

Had no idea they came out with new models! I'm glad they made those changes.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I just picked up a Tile Pro (replaceable battery) 2 pack for the wifey. She's always losing her keys and her iPhone (not at the same time). This way she always has a way to find one or the other.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks for the tip- actually been keeping an eye out for a good deal on these, as my wife (ahem...) never seems to be able to find her keys! :)

I may buy her the battery replacable kind instead— but I might expense a couple of the cheap ones to track a few loaner items around the office! (As someone else said- USB drives, etc.) Now I just need one of those mini-cable crimping devices like Hertz uses on their car keys!