Netgear GS752TX-100NES 48x1GbE 4x10GbE Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

blood

Apr 20, 2017
They tend to be pretty quiet and don't use much power.
I'm always interested in the people's personal experience with noise and power. I get that it has a couple of fans and so won't be silent in all cases, but is this the type of switch that runs hard for a few seconds when it turns on and then calms down once it realizes that it's not on fire?

I have a gsm7328s v1 and v2, and I literally cut holes in the tops of the cases to mount large (so slow and quiet) fans directly over the hot parts and then swapped out the side fans with quieter models. They're still a tad noisier than I'd prefer, but tolerable - but noise aside they aren't light on power either. I'd love to swap them out for a single 48 port gig switch with 4 10gbe ports if I found the right one.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
So I don't have one myself anymore, but for me the noise was fine but it was also in a rack with other device that were louder. Certainly much less noise than anything like the LB6M, especially at startup. Power consumption I recall being lower than the maximum of 80w in their spec sheets.

If you're looking for something to go near a desk the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ is fanless/silent and has a maximum power consumption of 22w. For homelab use it's been just fine.

Reactions: blood and PigLover

blood

Apr 20, 2017
Yeah, I've looked at that switch and the only thing keeping me from picking one up is that I need more than 24 ports. I've got 24 drops coming in from around the house, most of which have something plugged into them - though no real data flowing over it generally (the most is when someone watches tivo/netflix/plex), but that's a switch worth of ports right there. I then have another ~15 ports in my rack, hence why I have 2x24 port switches now.

I guess I could get two of them, but a single 48 port switch with some 10g on the side would be perfect.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Maybe I will try the one @Aestr linked one day. Right now using Dell X1052(P) units. They are very similar and work well. My only complaint is that the web management is super slow.

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I've looked at that switch and the only thing keeping me from picking one up is that I need more than 24 ports. I've got 24 drops coming in from around the house, most of which have something plugged into them - though no real data flowing over it generally (the most is when someone watches tivo/netflix/plex), but that's a switch worth of ports right there. I then have another ~15 ports in my rack, hence why I have 2x24 port switches now.

I guess I could get two of them, but a single 48 port switch with some 10g on the side would be perfect.
I'm in a similar situation. I'm currently thinking a 24+4 for actual server stuff, and a inexpensive gigabit only switch for the low rate stuff (or even 10/100, it's not like a lot of things need more bandwidth).

OTOH, I'm also very, very power conscious (muh electricity bill), so that might not be something you worry about as much.

------

Just noticed the TEG-30284 on amazon. 24 1GB, 4 10GB, and it's $279.99. Somehow. The only 2 star review is complaining about the fan noise, too.

Last edited: