Memory for Supermicro A2SDi-H-TP4F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alexr

Oct 20, 2018
Hello,
I just got a Supermicro A2SDi-H-TP4F plus a Samsung 64 GB LRDIMM module. But with this memory module the board is hanging in post with 2F, which is memory error according to the supermicro site. With a different 16 GB UDIMM ECC module the board is successfully finishing the post mode. The 64 GB module came directly from the supplier, of course it might be defect but I am not sure as he told me he did test it. The bios on the board is the latest version 1.1 from 2018-8-28.

I tried different slots with the 64 GB module and with the other 16 GB module. Every dimm slot is working with the 16 GB module and no one with the 64 GB module.

The specs are
64 GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T
M386A8K40BMB-CRC

The manual says the board should run with odd number of dimm modules (1 or 3) although it is not recommended for performance reasons. My plan was to get another 64 GB moduie later.

It would be great if anyone could give me some hints or tips.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Alex

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
For my c3000 board from Supermicro, it took a long long time to initialize 64g of ram and then boot faster the next time if no ram config changed. Did you give it 5 minutes?

Reactions: T_Minus

jzeus

Jan 22, 2017
This board probably does no support lrdimm.

Hello,
I just got a Supermicro A2SDi-H-TP4F plus a Samsung 64 GB LRDIMM module. But with this memory module the board is hanging in post with 2F, which is memory error according to the supermicro site. With a different 16 GB UDIMM ECC module the board is successfully finishing the post mode. The 64 GB module came directly from the supplier, of course it might be defect but I am not sure as he told me he did test it. The bios on the board is the latest version 1.1 from 2018-8-28.

I tried different slots with the 64 GB module and with the other 16 GB module. Every dimm slot is working with the 16 GB module and no one with the 64 GB module.

The specs are
64 GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T
M386A8K40BMB-CRC

The manual says the board should run with odd number of dimm modules (1 or 3) although it is not recommended for performance reasons. My plan was to get another 64 GB moduie later.

It would be great if anyone could give me some hints or tips.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Alex