HP Tape Firmware Request

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
Does anyone have a HP tape drive or library under support contract? If so is there any chance you could get the latest firmware for me? If you want ill send you $5 or $10 via paypal. Specifically i'm looking for the firmware for a HP StorageWorks Ultrium 3000, model number AQ283-20103. From looking at their website you can have any tape drive under contract to get all the firmware.

Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center.

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
Anyways I was able to get what I needed, in case anyone else needs it, here is how to get it. Australians are entitled to the firmware under their consumer protection laws, so create a HPE Passport account with an Australian address, open a support chat, and link the agent this article:

HPE Support document - HPE Support Center

Then just provide them with a link to the firmware files you want. For me, mine was a working pull from a tape library but is now in a server. I had to go on eBay and search for MSLs which had a visible serial number and provide that to the rep. They'll upload it to a FTP site for you.