ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS problems with 2x E5 2698 V4 ES CPU QHUZ

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

biorpg

May 21, 2017
Good day...

i am trying to build a 2x CPU setup with below mentioned Hardware installed in a test rig:

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Bios version 3304
2x QHUZ 2.0Ghz 20 Core ES2 cpu´s.
2x Noctua CPU coolers
1x GTX770 4Gb
4x Crucial / Micron modules (ct2k16G4RFD4213) 1GB DDR4 - 2133 RDIMM 1,2V CL15

before the dual CPU build i have build a rig with the same RAM and same CPU´s (of course only one CPU at a time) on a Supermicro x10SRAF board without any problems, so it can be assumed that the RAM and CPU´s are generally ok...

i have installed the GPU on PCI1 and the 4 RAM modules according to the manual.
I also have installed only 2 RAM Modules and have had same problems
I also have swapped CPU0 with CPU1 with same problems
I also have swapped GPU slot positions with same problems
The E5-2600 series CPUs are all designed to run quad-channel memory(each). Most of the time they will function in dual-channel mode, but their performance will suffer greatly in this state. Memory related errors are exagerated in a dual CPU configuration, which is likely the issue you're facing. If the Supermicro board was able to run in that configuration, then kudos to Supermicro; but I can guarantee it was not performing anywhere near its potential.

Try getting a hold of 4 more 2133 RDIMMS. The Z10PE-D8 WS documentation states that only "1 DPC" is supported for 2400 RDIMMS. (I assume that means 1 DIMM per channel?) Come to think of it... I think that note was probably copied from the Z10PE-D16 WS, because 1 DIMM per channel would be all 8 slots of the D8, and if DPC meant 1 DIMM per CPU/CHIP then it simply wouldn't boot in the first place.

Krobar

Aug 25, 2012
Just a quick note on the QHUZ. I noticed higher turbo when only using only 2 dimms on mine (2.5 vs 2.3), perfectly stable though in my ASRock board though with 4 dimms (I never ran any length of time with 2 dimms). Maybe the dual Asus setup would work better with 8 dimms total as mentioned above.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
i tried the qhuz on both my asus and asrock taichi. for some reason mine is locked at 2gbz ;( no turbo at all.. 2ghz no matter if i tried to run single or multicore bench.. wonder why...