Joining the ranks of Hackintosh users........it works !!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Eeeeh. Let me get this straight...you'll need to run a copy of High Sierra to download High Sierra so you can install High Sierra?
No, no, you can use any version of Mac OS for which there's a VM available to create your install media. I just gave "one" example.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Eeeeh. Let me get this straight...you'll need to run a copy of High Sierra to download High Sierra so you can install High Sierra?

For me .... Yea! LOLOL :D

I thought about installing vmware player then downloading the OSX vm but I thought it would be easier just to use the easy to install version then download the media to reinstall again following the tonymac86 guide.

Either way works.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Also this was just an experiment and something I have been wanting to do since about 2013.

I enjoyed messing with it, and playing around with OSX since I have not touched a mac since the 80's

It will not be my main use pc.

But I may try to install it on a spare ssd on this dual Xeon pc just for the hell of it.

But if I could get a screaming deal on a used Mac that is fairly new I just might buy one. EDIT: Did I actually type that...:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: pgh5278

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Small update, been using the Intel igpu in this second install, I just swapped in a RX570 and now I no longer have any video issues at all.

Runs real nice.