EU Amazon - WD Mybook 8TB - 149€ - [inactive]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
Us poor Europeans finally get our own bestbuy schuck story, this time through amazon.
Point your browser to your favorite amazon and look for "WD Mybook 8TB".
They are down to 149 € now, which according to my camelcamelcamel is the lowest they have been.

Good luck grabbing these guys!
If you miss out (like I did a few times earlier >_<), put up a price monitor like camelcamelcamel or something to keep an eye on it!

upload_2018-9-20_0-36-28.png

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
I'll use an [active / inactive] in the topic so people without price monitors know when it's back up :)

msg7086

May 2, 2017
If anyone knows, what kind of drive is inside? Red ? :)
It does not belongs to a specific product line. All we know about it is, it's helium, it's 5400rpm, it may or may not have TLER enabled by default.
A red has similar characteristics to it. However this drive is white labeled and is not marked or colored as red. Actually, this drive may have more cache ram (256M) than a red.

I_D

Aug 3, 2017
I will post some pictures once I get them, which should be end of the month.
They have to go through badblocks etc first on usb3, which will probably take a few days as well. :(

msg7086

May 2, 2017
BTW you can always look up WD80EZAZ on Google images to see what it looks like. Anyway I prefer the easystore over mybook because easystore is much easier to shuck.

Attention: prepare to drop your hard drive when shucking the mybook. I would have done mine on my bed instead of my desk.