Foreshadow Flaw Targets Intel SGX and Virtual Machines

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@eva2000 We have an EPYC 7351P installed in production now. It is quite a bit more including motherboard, but with 16 cores and the extra I/O and memory capacity it is easily 2x lower end systems save the clock speed and less than half the price.

Next is going to be dual EPYC 7551 system(s).

Switchback028

May 18, 2018
Has anyone actually benchmarked the Intel Scalable processors with Hyperthreading on vs off? I can't find any actual benchmarks of the effect, only the moreorless hearsay of Intel back when Hyperthreading came out with P4s.

eva2000

Apr 15, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
centminmod.com
It's called Ryzen :)
with ECC RAM out of the box ?
@eva2000 We have an EPYC 7351P installed in production now. It is quite a bit more including motherboard, but with 16 cores and the extra I/O and memory capacity it is easily 2x lower end systems save the clock speed and less than half the price.

Next is going to be dual EPYC 7551 system(s).
Yeah but not at the web hosting price range of between US$49-199/month you won't get AMD EPYC 7351P for that price heh. Thinking web hosts offered dedicated hosting :)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Has anyone actually benchmarked the Intel Scalable processors with Hyperthreading on vs off? I can't find any actual benchmarks of the effect, only the moreorless hearsay of Intel back when Hyperthreading came out with P4s.
Depends heavily on your workload that is running, normal VM environments with just standard enterprise mix of workload about 30% performance increase.
Some workloads you will see pretty much nothing and some more.