Best place to buy Mikrotik S+RJ10?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DracoDan

Not a New Member
May 26, 2016
I recently learned about this S+RJ10 copper SFP+ module and it has changed my plans for adding 10gb networking to my two workstations. I already bought the cards (intel x540-T1) and I already have the switch (Quanta LB6M), I just need the S+RJ10 modules now but they seem really hard to find, especially at the $65 price! I did find them on streakwave.com but I have never used them and resellerratings has some horrible reviews of them, so I would like another option.

DracoDan

Not a New Member
May 26, 2016
Please keep in mind that there is - as of yet - no support for Jumbo Frames on those.
Oh wow... that's really good to know! Luckily I don't need jumbo frames for these two connections. I didn't even know a transceiver could affect this...

DracoDan

Not a New Member
May 26, 2016
Placed my order earlier, just got this email :-(

"Unfortunately the S_RJ10 is not in stock. We have no ETA at this time of when we expect to receive product from the manufacturer."

greeeeeat...

Last edited:

roberth58

Nov 5, 2014
Florida
Placed my order earlier, just got this email :-(

"Unfortunately the S_RJ10 is not in stock. We have no ETA at this time of when we expect to receive product from the manufacturer."

greeeeeat...
They are back in stock, I have 2 on the way, $118 shipped.

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Seem to be out of stock again at Streakwave and Baltic (and Streakwave told me this morning they have no ETA). There's one Amazon seller selling them at a premium, which I'd prefer to avoid. Anyone know of another US source for these modules right now?

petree77

Mar 10, 2015
I bought 4 about 3 weeks ago from ISP Supplies, but it looks like they're out of stock at the moment.

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
I bought 4 about 3 weeks ago from ISP Supplies, but it looks like they're out of stock at the moment.
Went through MikroTik's distributor list and found a couple places that had them in stock, but they wanted nearly $20 shipping, so I'm going to wait a bit to see if Streakwave or Baltic get them back in stock (I'm not in a big hurry to get one).