SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX Motherboard $110 + ship

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mthompson176

Jun 25, 2015
Mine is about to be dropped in the mail as well.

I probably should have asked this question before, but I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the idea that this CPU can push a full 1GB WAN using pfsense, or my preference, RouterOS? The Cloud Core routers that can push 1GB w/o an issue have a ton more cores but lower Ghz. Though this might be apples and oranges considering those are TILE cpu's that I've never heard of.
My goal is to have WAN failover, and 2+ zones LAN/Wifi (additional zones via vlans)

Now i'm thinking I should have jumped on that other deal.... A1SAi-2750F-O. Ah well.
pfSense and this motherboard will do 1Gbit without breaking a sweat. I have a bit more complicated setup going with plenty of packages and have no problems hitting.

Reactions: Cybertron

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
saw this 2758 as well, wonder how long the seller will go for. but i just really dont need anymore at the moment :D

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
For the 2758, the lowest seller can go is $180 each for 2, there is a promotion going on right now, buy one and get 2nd one 20% off with code: PSHOPTECH20, you can get 2 boards for $324 or $162 each. Hope it helps someone if needs this right now.

Also forgot about the 10% eBay Bucks, it will get even lower if you have that promotion.

Reactions: Aestr

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
For the 2758, the lowest seller can go is $180 each for 2, there is a promotion going on right now, buy one and get 2nd one 20% off with code: PSHOPTECH20, you can get 2 boards for $324 or $162 each. Hope it helps someone if needs this right now.

Also forgot about the 10% eBay Bucks, it will get even lower if you have that promotion.
You are a bad person. :p

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I saw the listing last night, thinking $170 was too much.
Thanks for deal, got one with BO $120.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Not sure about the fix.

I brought a board from the original deal ( first post deal ), board was DOA.
I sent the board to Supermicro for replacement , then I notified the original deal seller about DOA issue.
he/she refunded my purchase price. Supermicro sent back a working board.

I am pretty sure Supermicro would fixed the bug based on my previous experience.

Reactions: fossxplorer

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Any good offers on these still going? How is the power consumption of these vs. the new C3XXX Atom line? I have one C3558 system I'm building atm as firewall appliance. Do they also fit the short depth SC chassis (1u)?

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
My board arrived today and can confirm it showed up with ATP AF8GSSEI-DR1 SATA DOM attached.

Manufacturer: ATP

ATP AF8GSSEI, 8 GB DOM, horizontal

- 8 GB, SLC flash, SATA-II, horizontal
- Up to 61 MB/s sequential read transfer rate
- Up to 54 MB/s sequential write transfer rate
- Up to 2.600 IOPs at 4 KB Random Read
- Support the TRIM command

$79.99 on eBay new so it's just an added bonus at this point and should be awesome for pfSense.

I won't have time before going out of town to try and put it into a chassis and boot but have emailed SM the serial to see if it needs to be replaced or not for the C2000 bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmo

brmiller

Jan 1, 2017
Mine arrived today too.. 2 days or more ahead of eBay's "estimate" especially with the fourth holiday and all. Boots up just fine to CentOS 6.6 on the included DOM (I ageee this is a fantastic bonus!) - too bad I don't know the root login!

Have emailed SuperMicro about the C2000 fix as well.

The DOM is in one of the middle SATA ports and blocks four of the five remaining ports. I went to remove it, but it is sealed in with some kind of white paste/glue - lik some factory install job. Strange... I can probably budge it, but I didn't want to force it before I had powered it up.

Thanks for the lead STH!

e97

Jun 3, 2015
For $100 with RAM its an easy decision to go with the Atom C2000.

At $200, contemplating a low power Ryzen with Intel NICs.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I got mine as well yesterday. The white white adhesive holding in the DOM (no latch) doesn't go that deep. You can pry it back along the edge with a sharp blade and then start wiggling it out while looking for parts still sticking to poke at. It came out pretty easily.

Edit: Just had some issues loading pfsense after installing. It would not boot off the DOM until I used the workaround detailed by @BLinux where installing using the ZFS option allows you to boot via UEFI. I'm very thankful he posted that this weekend as it was still in my memory when I ran into this and didn't need to spend much time troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmo

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I got mine as well yesterday. The white white adhesive holding in the DOM (no latch) doesn't go that deep. You can pry it back along the edge with a sharp blade and then start wiggling it out while looking for parts still sticking to poke at. It came out pretty easily.

Edit: Just had some issues loading pfsense after installing. It would not boot off the DOM until I used the workaround detailed by @BLinux where installing using the ZFS option allows you to boot via UEFI. I'm very thankful he posted that this weekend as it was still in my memory when I ran into this and didn't need to spend much time troubleshooting.
Can you link the workaround? BLinux blocks his post activity =)