Jetway NF9M Celeron N2930 system board for $29

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Cheaper than RPi, and probably a lot more capable!
Indeed. I'm not buying into this current obsession with *Pi style SBCs when, instead you can get a proper mainboard with a more powerful CPU/SoC, proper SATA, proper Ethernet, and proper USB on a standard form factor (mini ITX) for cheaper!

Buying an RPi then attaching a buttload of external USB HDDs onto what is, effectively, the same USB bus/hub/controller and then calling it is a NAS is ridiculous.

If it were the Atom E3827 then I'd get it due to AES-NI.

Last edited:
Reactions: chinesestunna

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
These aren’t coreboot’able, are they?
No, they are not. Not listed at least on the official support list. I am hesitating whether I should pick this or something more modern for testing/assorted projects. I want to make a wireless access point appliance, without spending too much.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
I am hesitating whether I should pick this or something more modern for testing/assorted projects. I want to make a wireless access point appliance, without spending too much.
I was thinking the same thing and found the most amazing, low-power, mini-ITX boards. Look for the Intel J4105 Celeron CPUs. They are awesome, especially for lightweight, quiet, lightly loaded home servers. I cannot WAIT to get one. ASRock make a couple of boards with this CPU.

Last edited:

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
I was thinking the same thing and found the most amazing, low-power, mini-ITX boards. Look for the Intel J4105 Celeron CPUs. They are awesome, especially for lightweight, quiet, lightly loaded home servers. I cannot WAIT to get one. ASRock make a couple of boards with this CPU.
It's a good CPU, we just need industrial/embedded boards without all the media PC or "minimal" gaming crap... IMO.

This one is decent for electronics. Just a bit dated as far as the CPU goes in terms of features. ARM as available in the RPI is a wee bit safer.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Gone, I was going to buy one but had to go catch some sleep and forgot to checkout in the middle of all the errands that needed to be done... Ugh. If anyone here got one and is willing to part with it at the original listing price, shipping to FL, let me know!