Dell PoweEdge R210 II 1x Intel Xeon Quad Core E3-1240 v2 3.40GHz 32GB 500GB = $215+shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
it looks like the changed the shipping fee, it's $38 to NY now.

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
not bad with that ram, I've got 6 of these which I bought from this seller before and they are great. In the past seller has gone pretty low on price if you buy multiple.

aka someone please buy these before I do again.....

edit: here are the rails for $33.99 - Dell Canada Official Site | Dell Canada

Last edited:

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Agree! that's the gold period to get new toys, lol
yeah..i was thinking this would be a good machine for an internal firewall. i want to segment off the vulnerable parts of my network (devices that are no longer supported and can't be updated), but can't use a VM as it would turn into a dependency loop. if shipping wasn't $55, I would have pulled the trigger at $215.

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Wish these had 4 drive bays. Looks like a 4 drive chassis option wasn't available until the R230. Was hoping for that with R220's off lease soon :(

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
yeah..i was thinking this would be a good machine for an internal firewall. i want to segment off the vulnerable parts of my network (devices that are no longer supported and can't be updated), but can't use a VM as it would turn into a dependency loop. if shipping wasn't $55, I would have pulled the trigger at $215.
This eBay promotion runs almost every month now and it will be another one going very soon at the end of this month or earlier next month since Amazon prime day is coming soon. Hope you are able to snap one of these by then :)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
This eBay promotion runs almost every month now and it will be another one going very soon at the end of this month or earlier next month since Amazon prime day is coming soon. Hope you are able to snap one of these by then :)
yeah, when the promo was live, I was debating about how to use it. ultimately decided to get the X9DR7-LN4F motherboards as I needed that more... hopefully the next time there's another ebay coupon this seller will still have more of these...