SOLD: D-Link DXS-1210-12TC 12 port 10GbE Switch $500

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Selling a D-Link 10GbE switch, model DXS-1210-12TC.

I picked up as an open box unit not too long ago intending to add to my own setup, but I'm already running an 8 port Buffalo BS-MP2008 capable of 10GbE, don't really need the extra 10Gb ports yet, and frankly, don't feel like making the swap given I don't need any of the extra features of the D-Link.

STH reviewed this model with a writeup here. D-Link's product page, including link to spec sheet is here.

From Amazon's product page:
  • Eight (8) 10GBASE-T 10-Gigabit copper Ports
  • Two (2) 10-Gigabit SFP+ Ports
  • Two (2) Combo 10GBASE-T/SFP+ Ports
  • Affordable 10-Gigabit Ethernet switching for networks of all sizes
  • Advanced features include Static Routing, 802.1Q VLAN, QoS, Bandwidth Limiting, Link Aggregation, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree and IGMP Snooping
  • Security features include Access Control List (ACL), Broadcast Storm Control, IP-MAC-Port Binding, and D-Link Safeguard Engine
  • Easily managed using intuitive GUI, Full CLI, D-Link Network Assistant Utility, D-View 7, or SNMP
  • Lifetime Warranty with NBD hardware replacement
Amazon sells new for $1060+ and Newegg has for over $1200. Asking $500 shipped.

SOLD TO ELS

Heat & ebay under my username.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiniKnight

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
How bad is the noise? The STH review made it sound like this is not the switch you want in the same room as you.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Had to unpack it and turn it on to answer your question. :)

I think Patrick's assessment is right -- it's on the louder side. The 2 (maybe 40mm?) fans that Patrick shows in the review seem to be the cause... perhaps addressable with different fans or a speed controller. Currently, I wouldn't want on my desk, but if I had a dedicated closet or area for my equipment, I think it'd be OK.

edit: price drop in OP

Last edited:

William

May 7, 2015
Patrick passed that switch down to me that he reviewed, been using it for a long time now. It does make some noise but not near as bad as many things I have run in my office over the years. I don't even notice it anymore.

Reactions: workingnonstop

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Patrick passed that switch down to me that he reviewed, been using it for a long time now. It does make some noise but not near as bad as many things I have run in my office over the years. I don't even notice it anymore.
Thanks for the info :)

Bump - price drop in OP

Reactions: William