Change Proxmox IP after the fact

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I'm thinking of trying a Proxmox AIO EPYC server based on https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-as-1013s-mtr-1u-1-socket-amd-epyc-server-review/

I'm going to use a pfSense VM into a port. OpenVPN into the box remotely and just have a data center in a box. I may hook a second port to an external management network for a few other boxes in the DC.

Lan0 = WAN
Lan0 = LAN

I normally in this case would put the management UI on the LAN side right? let's use 10.0.0.2. pfSense at 10.0.0.1

I'm going to test this out in the lab, so I want to just make sure everything works and I've got the WAN config right so I can have the DC guys just plop in the box, hook up network and go.

So if I want to change the management and Proxmox IP before I ship it off to match the existing subnet info, is that an issue with Proxmox?

kroem

Aug 16, 2014
It's not a problem to change IP after install. I would probably suggest to use ovs and create a ovsint. port for MGMT.