SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX Motherboard $110 + ship

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
Not sure if my board has the bug or not but after testing with a 1U SM PSU and corsair ATX im getting no power LED signal and the cpu hsf just gets very hot. Any suggestions?

Luckily after contacting SM the board is still under warranty so ill either RMA or work with seller if I cant get it working. Boards after Jan 2017 shouldnt have the bug issue I was told but my board version is 1.0 so not exactly sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybertron

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
Mine powers on, and seems to boot the OS, but I get no video out of it at all either over the VGA port or even the IMPI. I can login to IMPI just fine, but it says "No Signal" in the Java console... I made sure that the VGA enable jumper is set correctly, and I also cleared the CMOS with no change in that behavior. The CMOS was originally set to power on after power loss, which has changed now, so I know the CMOS Clear took.

I think I will end up going through SM to get it repaired, that way I will know I have a bug-free board too.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
got mine as well and it's not booting up neither. i am able to connect it through IPMI, the power LED is blinking green, but when try to power it on and the OH/PWR Fail/Fan Fail LED and Overheat LED blink twice then the board reset. Anyone has experience this issue before?

Marsh

May 12, 2013
My board did the same "no boot".

I spent extra $100 on Ebay to purchase 2x8GB ECC SODIMM in addition to the first $100 purchase of 8x4gb ECC SODIMM, just want to prove it is not ram problem.

I contacted Supermicro RMA dept yesterday, Supermicro approved the RMA return within 2 hours, I'll sending the board to SM to get it fix. I live 30 miles from the RMA address.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
I just got the RMA approval and will send the board over to repair as well. hopefully they can fix all the issues including the bug.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I havent taken mine out of the box, but I'm guessing it has the same issue. What is SM asking for as proof to the problem? I'd like to just get it sorted out now before I even mess with it if possible.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
I just opened a case with the issue i have and RMA within the case at the meantime. RMA was approved while they were troubleshoot with me. They just asked me to check ram, PSU, test board without chassis, and reset CMOS etc.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Wish I could have snatched one of these =/

I'm glad you guys are getting RMAs for these as their support was super easy to deal.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I do not want to deal with RMA -- I have 2 boards. If they don't work I'll contact you @PnoT

Reactions: PnoT

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
I don't like to deal with RMA neither!! it might end up waiting for weeks or months to get the MB back. I will just return this if it's not SuperMicro, but i trust their support and warranty services. I will contact you too @PnoT if i get a brick back from SM. :)

Reactions: PnoT

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
Seller claimed they tested these boards and if we decide to return them they will resell them.
Sounds like they want us to pay for the RMA of these "working pull board" so they dont have to.
Im going to try and request a partial refund if SM deems any repair costs. Seller was very defensive in conversation.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Really this seller should get a lesson NOT to sell such, IMHO DOA items advertised as ""working pull board". Dishonest seller i'd say and i'm happy i didn't buy this as i'd have found out too late about the issues, after the parcel arriving Europe!

Seller claimed they tested these boards and if we decide to return them they will resell them.
Sounds like they want us to pay for the RMA of these "working pull board" so they dont have to.
Im going to try and request a partial refund if SM deems any repair costs. Seller was very defensive in conversation.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
1 DOA / No Boot

1 Boot to "B0 System Initializing" (VGA Output)... we'll see if it's stuck here. Not going anywhere for a bit.

Last edited:

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Mine board was DOA, cost me $7.25 to send it back to repair the DOA problem and Intel AVR54 bug at the same time.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Mine board was DOA, cost me $7.25 to send it back to repair the DOA problem and Intel AVR54 bug at the same time.
Did they boot and freeze or not power on at all?

What did you put on the RMA submission? Just request to fix bug? Or explain no boot too?

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
This one has been stuck at B0 for a bit now, probably not gonna boot either, but 1 of 2 turned on.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks @Marsh it looks like they have a provision to submit multiple items for RMA at once.

Since I do have another board of the same (working) that I should update that BUG, I will try to submit all 3 boards at once and see how it goes.

T_Minus

Feb 15, 2015
"Your RMA Request has been sent and will be responded to within 1 business day. You will be receiving a confirmation e-mail shortly."