Five New Gigabyte AMD EPYC Servers Launched

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Edu

Aug 8, 2017
I think the article would benefit if you explained how they differ with the current Gigabyte servers. I mean what new features and improvements?

cliffr

Apr 2, 2017
I think the article would benefit if you explained how they differ with the current Gigabyte servers. I mean what new features and improvements?
Previously Gigabyte had single socket offerings. Now they have five new dual socket offerings. That is a fairly major feature and makes just about every feature on the systems new.

Edu

Aug 8, 2017
Previously Gigabyte had single socket offerings. Now they have five new dual socket offerings. That is a fairly major feature and makes just about every feature on the systems new.
Didn't they have one dual socket before?

cliffr

Apr 2, 2017
That one previously listed is now available along with the other four and is part of the announcement R281-Z91.

So all 5 are basically "new" although you may have seen stuff on one of them before.

Edu

Aug 8, 2017
That one previously listed is now available along with the other four and is part of the announcement R281-Z91.

So all 5 are basically "new" although you may have seen stuff on one of them before.
Ah, so the dual socket listed before wasn't really available. Thanks for the answer anyway