Mellanox ConnectX-2 in SFP mode?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spyrule

Hey guys,

I currently have a NAS that is connected to my network via a Quanta LB4M switch, using SFP+ fiber connects.

Since setting this up, I have mostly dismantled my home lab (simply don't need it), and I'm looking to switch most of my home network to Unifi configuration. I'm looking at the US-16 with PoE, however the unifi switches don't come with SFP+ ports (except the 48port version, which is utter overkill for me).

To make my life easier, I would like to keep my nas connected via fiber, but I'd need to step down to SFP only connection.
Does anybody know if the older Mellanox-V2 cards (This is a re-flashed dell version) can connect using SFP only modules (downgrading from SFP+) ?

OR

If someone could recommend a 12-16 port switch with PoE that has an SFP+ port that is less than $200 ?

Jan 4, 2014
if you can find one..
ubiquiti edgeswitch or unifi

send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected

marv

Apr 2, 2015
My ConnectX-2 EN works fine with 1Gb SFP module. I have 2port card MNPH29D-XTR with one port connected to 10Gb SFP+ and other one using 1Gb SFP

Last edited:

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
My ConnectX-2 EN works fine with 1Gb SFP module. I have 2port card MNPH29D-XTR with one port connected to 10Gb SFP+ and other one using 1Gb SFP
same here. I have a 2 port cx2's in an active/passive bond, one port 10gbe to a main router, second port with a copper 1gbe sfp connected to a second copper-only switch. works great