Is Toshiba hard drive warranty replacement really this bad is is it just me?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Sent a failed drive in first part of April and never received the replacement. Checked the status 3 weeks later and it shows as closed. I thought the drive must be on the way to me. As of today, still no replacement drive so I called. After being put on hold twice for like forever they finally told me it was setup for credit card refund which was incorrect. The lady apologized and said the drive would ship out as soon as it's available.
All this is completely stupid as I never gave then a CC # and there is no option for "cc refund" and since when do they refund money on a failed HD under warranty? :confused:

WD has by far the best RMA service on HD's. Think I'll stick with them from now on. Screw Toshiba.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Sent a failed drive in first part of April and never received the replacement. Checked the status 3 weeks later and it shows as closed. I thought the drive must be on the way to me. As of today, still no replacement drive so I called. After being put on hold twice for like forever they finally told me it was setup for credit card refund which was incorrect. The lady apologized and said the drive would ship out as soon as it's available.
All this is completely stupid as I never gave then a CC # and there is no option for "cc refund" and since when do they refund money on a failed HD under warranty? :confused:

WD has by far the best RMA service on HD's. Think I'll stick with them from now on. Screw Toshiba.
Sadly places like Reddit are riddled with Toshiba stories just like yours. I also only run WD drives now, Reds to be specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks. I'll avoid them from now on. I particularly like that you can buy the shipping label at the same time you get the RMA from WD. The price of the label is cheaper than both the local ups depot and from a friend who has a UPS account so they're definitely not trying to make a profit off it.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Well, here it is the end of June and I still don't have my replacement drive. :mad:

Just got off the phone with them for the second time. This time they said they would call me back.

Hell will freeze over before I buy another Toshiba HD.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Well hell, Toshiba just called me back. Am I impressed????

They said they STILL don't have any in stock (3TB) but she'll keep checking and keep me informed (yea, really?).

keybored

May 28, 2016
I'd put some pressure on them since it's been this long. If 3tb drives are OOS then they should send a 4tb as a replacement. I seriously doubt this sort of substitution would have anything but a marginal impact on their costs for this warranty claim.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
They should have already done this. Next time I call I'll Gently suggest they do so.

SINN78

Apr 3, 2016
You ever get your drive back? I'm having the same issue with these bastards

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You ever get your drive back? I'm having the same issue with these bastards
Yea. Had call them at least a dozen times but they finally coughed up a replacement. Will never buy another Toshiba drive. Lesson learned.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Took me 7 months to get mine. They kept claiming it was out of stock and they would ship as soon as new stock arrived. The whole experience was truly unprofessional.

Reactions: SINN78