Cambridge Analytica (trigger warning)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I find it "funny" (as in smelly/fishy, not haha funny) that it's this HUGE deal when Trump used a big data firm to help win the election. Guess what? He wasn't even the first!!!

What’s genius for Obama is scandal when it comes to Trump

End facts, begin opinion:

Nope, this is just the latest straw man to explain away Hillary's loss (Couldn't POSSIBLY be the fact that the Dems are totally out of touch with the blue collar types??). McCarthyism at its finest.

Reactions: StevenDTX
Jan 4, 2014
my 2 cents.

seems perfectly ok to use LEGAL data, which is not what happend here.
the ones that seem completely out of touch with reality AND any form of good governance seems to be repubs....

send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
Are we saying the Trump administration used illegal data from Cabridge Anaytica?

Zuckerberg came out and said "We hope there is not another Cambridge Analytica out there, We will go through all our apps that access large amounts of data."

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
my 2 cents.

seems perfectly ok to use LEGAL data, which is not what happend here.
Are we saying the Trump administration used illegal data from Cabridge Anaytica?

Zuckerberg came out and said "We hope there is not another Cambridge Analytica out there, We will go through all our apps that access large amounts of data."
I don't really know if there's an actual law about this, but it seems to be information that is not generally available to anyone outside FB itself. But FB was ok with it in 2012 because Obama.

the ones that seem completely out of touch with reality AND any form of good governance seems to be repubs....
The Dems started this and now both sides abstracted this away with identity politics (vote for us because of our stand on abortion/gun control/religion/etc.), But the central purpose of government is deciding who gets what benefits and who pays the costs. Edit: And if you actually look at who benefits from both sides and it's just different groups of rich people... Until now.

Back in 1975 it was actually possible to support a family on a single income at a factory (plus plenty of those jobs to go around). The neoliberal policies (started by Reagan actually) have been disasterous for what used to be the lower middle class. Free trade (meaning domestic manufacturing can't compete with china) plus unrestricted illegal immigration (I have nothing against immigrants, but this causes wage suppression) have combined to turn formerly nice blue collar neighborhoods into ghetto war zones.

But no, blue collar types just voted for Trump in droves because they're bigots and deplorables. If the Dems keep shrieking this nonsense for another 2 years I think Mr. T will be in for another 4.

On another note, I also think it was quite short sighted of us to ship all our manufacturing jobs and know how to China. We happily sold along the EXACT thing that allowed us to win WWII. It'll probably cost us the next war with an actual near-peer enemy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizmo
Jan 4, 2014
i'm not getting into it.

i just wish some of the repub voters open up their eyes to what is happening here.
sure you may have a short lived tax decrease, just be aware you're getting screwed majorly.
i can promiss you all tyat the tradewar iq#45 has started will bring nobody anything good

and cambridge broke just about every rule, they are under investigation in multiple us states, and will probably get fined majorly in europe, just like facebook itself

Reactions: _alex

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
This is not a democrat or republican issue. 46% of the US voted for Trump.

Whats new
-35% Tariff on American companies producing overseas to sell in the US
-Steel Tariff to the US from China. (China has dumped inferior steel to the us, literally tanking the market)

Europe is not a US concern.

Jan 4, 2014
This is not a democrat or republican issue. 46% of the US voted for Trump.

Whats new
-35% Tariff on American companies producing overseas to sell in the US
-Steel Tariff to the US from China. (China has dumped inferior steel to the us, literally tanking the market)

Europe is not a US concern.
no, but you do realize that you are the hardest hit by a tradewar ?

you do realise 90% of you stuff comes out of china?

you realize that when tarrifs are introduced that will go both ways?

your short term lowering on taxes will come back to bit you ?

you national debt has increased ?

just saying

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
no, but you do realize that you are the hardest hit by a tradewar ?

you do realise 90% of you stuff comes out of china?

you realize that when tarrifs are introduced that will go both ways?

your short term lowering on taxes will come back to bit you ?

you national debt has increased ?

just saying

-The US is not 90% dependent on Chinese imports.
-Short Term Tax Decrease, they are planning a 2nd stage of Tax decreases, talking permanently.
-China will introduce Tariffs to US imports, and wont be a problem.

Last edited: