Brand New LSI 9201-16e LSI00276 HBA $24.50!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Brent Geery

Mar 12, 2018
I don't know how they are doing it, but LSI LSI00276 PCI-Express 2.0 x8 SATA / SAS 9201-16e Host Bus Adapter Single Pack--Avago Technologies - Newegg.com has brand new LSI 9201-16e LSI00276 HBAs for $24.50 (3rd party seller.) I just received my pair, and they are new and sealed in antistatic bags. Card only, no cables or anything else. That's cheaper than what most used cards sell for on eBay.

EDIT: They are also avalable at $26, from the same seller, on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00487AYQQ/

Last edited:
Reactions: Marsh

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Call me suspicious, but a new member with a single post, providing a link to a seller, there's a wee bell in my head ringing right now...

I agree though, if those are genuine, that's a great price for them :)

Brent Geery

Mar 12, 2018
Dude, I signed up to post this deal, but I use my real name, so google me if you feel the need. But, I get it.

My guess is they are NOS that they picked up at a bankruptcy auction, or something like that. Anyway, I got the two I needed, and thought the pointer might help others.

Reactions: Joshin

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Call me suspicious, but a new member with a single post, providing a link to a seller, there's a wee bell in my head ringing right now...

I agree though, if those are genuine, that's a great price for them :)
That's what charge-backs are for!

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
As with all the other LSI cards on eBay that you have fakes for, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a cloned -e card.
Surefire way to check is to call LSI up with the serial number and have them verify it and the product that it's assigned to (if it's a valid number).
More then often it will end up being fake, but you might get lucky.
Do note it's sold by a 3rd party seller on NewEgg and not sold directly by NewEgg.

Just don't use them for critical applications!

Reactions: maxermaxer

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
As with all the other LSI cards on eBay that you have fakes for, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a cloned -e card.
Surefire way to check is to call LSI up with the serial number and have them verify it and the product that it's assigned to (if it's a valid number).
More then often it will end up being fake, but you might get lucky.
Do note it's sold by a 3rd party seller on NewEgg and not sold directly by NewEgg.

Just don't use them for critical applications!
Thanks for reminding, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclerunkle

Mar 2, 2011
Wisconsin
I bought this card from this seller last time around. Ironically have only been using it for a couple of weeks now. No issues, cross-flashed to IT mode easily as any other. I would buy again if I needed one.

Reactions: Stefan75

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
I bought one via amazon.

Amusingly enough, I've been idly looking for a SF-8088 HBA for a while recently, since I picked up some 4-bay drive caddies that I'd like to turn into a external DAS. Convenient!