Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Phinitris

Feb 26, 2018
Yes I did that too. Select all interfaces at all. I even rebooted the switch afterwards so it the config is on all ports but still the same issue. Note that it also flaps when I reboot the switch so it's definitely not a timing issue.

I have the feeling that spanning-tree could cause this because the port is in a BLOCKING state and then goes back to FORWARDING and I believe that it causing the flap. Do you have spanning tree enabled on your VLANs? However with the same configuration the V7 image works so I wonder if spanning-tree behaves different in the two versions. Even tried to disable spanning-tree and the port was still in a BLOCKING/FORWARDING state. Note sure if it still does that if spanning-tree is disabled.

Switch configuration:

Code:
global-stp
vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN by port
 spanning-tree
!
vlan 22 by port
 tagged ethe 5 to 6
 router-interface ve 22
 spanning-tree
!
interface ethernet 5
 link-aggregate configure timeout short
 link-aggregate configure key 10000
 link-aggregate active
 link-error-disable 3 60 300
!
interface ethernet 6
 link-aggregate configure key 10000
 link-aggregate configure timeout short
 link-aggregate active
Quanta configured as:
Code:
interface 0/5
port lacptimeout actor short
port lacptimeout partner short
no lacp actor admin state longtimeout
lacp partner admin key 10000
no lacp partner admin state longtimeout
addport 1/2
exit

interface 0/6
port lacptimeout actor short
port lacptimeout partner short
no lacp actor admin state longtimeout
lacp partner admin key 10000
no lacp partner admin state longtimeout
addport 1/2
exit

interface 1/2
no port-channel static
vlan acceptframe vlanonly
vlan ingressfilter
vlan participation include 22
vlan tagging 22
exit

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
I'm not using STP with LACP, but you said you turned off stp and it still happened? Did you remove all stp commands (including vlan and global stp commands and reboot for good measure). If so that definitely rules out stp. (Stp defaults to on in layer2 image, and off in layer3, so without stp commands it will be off for you).

This could very well be a bug in v8, but I want to find out why I can't make it happen. I guess I could just be lucky with the devices I have to test?

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Also I meant to ask this earlier: how'd you find out about the guide? Curious to where all these new sth members are coming from :p

Phinitris

Feb 26, 2018
yes I removed any STP commands and it still happened. Still it somehow goes to BLOCKING. Not sure if it still sees BDU packets and processes them even if STP is disabled.

Thread popped up on Google :)

Reactions: fohdeesha

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Simplified the SSH section of the quick guide, and added a new section on securing access to the switch as well as setting up key based ssh access - Brocade L3 Quick Guide - Brokeaids

in the next couple of days I'll add a section on the ACL's and how they can be used to secure/block access to the switch in a routed colo environment for example. Then will probably add LACP section as that seems to be the most used feature.

Any other suggestions of useful guide info to add? I think I've become addicted to writing technical documentation :eek:

will also try to further debug the v8 LACP flapping a couple people have seen without the short timeout command, I need to find a piece of gear that makes my switch flap

Last edited:

Omer

Mar 1, 2018
Hello to all !
I successfully flashed my Quanta LB6M to the brocade v8 image.
but the web interface is not working, is that ok?
is the v7 image include web interface?

Phinitris

Feb 26, 2018
dont know really.. maybe that's the right question.
so, there is web interface on brocade OS? 7 and 8 ?
The Turboiron does not support the Webinterface that is included in the Fastiron firmware. The web interface is for other ICX devices.

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
because I am a mouse clicking engineer myself, I would love a Web interface!

mixmansc

Feb 15, 2016
Unfortunately not an option on these.... I'd also like to have a web interface but such is life and realistically once configured and deployed it will be rare to ever need to do anything anyways.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Hi,
Newbie alert here.
What does this command mean in the list of instructions :
"setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.50
setenv serverip 192.168.1.49"
Which workstation or server is the 2 referring to?

Is it normal for it to repeat loading over and over again, after inputing this command?
"tftpboot 0x100000 brocadeboot.bin"

I stopped right here in the flashing process as I am uncertain if I am doing something catastrophic
thanks!

Unfadingpyro

Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
Newbie alert here.

Is it normal for it to repeat loading over and over again, after inputing this command?

I stopped right here in the flashing process as I am uncertain if I am doing something catastrophic
thanks!
The first is the IP Address you are assigning the switch.

The second is the IP Address of a TFTP server that is serving the brocadeboot.bin file.

You will need to setup a TFTP server so the switch can copy the file to memory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Hi,
Newbie alert here.

thanks!
You were wise to stop and ask before blindly continuing on :)

and yeah, what @Unfadingpyro said - you'll need to be running a tftp server with the files mentioned in the guide. TFTPD32 : an opensource IPv6 ready TFTP server/service for windows : TFTP server is a good free option

tftpboot command should only run once, and the "bytes transferred" number should match the example in the guide.

Read the guide again very closely, it mentions that you must have and be familiar with using a TFTP server. I don't want to be responsible for a brick!