WTB - Lenovo SA120 SSD Cages

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
Alright I think a bunch of people here may have got in on these... Looking specifically for part number:

4XF0F28766

These were the dual cages that go in the back of the SA120 JBOD. The sets were sold on eBay in mass quantities for under $60.

I'm looking for people that bought them and didn't end up using or installed and have no use for them.

Looking to pay under $100 per set. I need 3 of them. Don't need trays or drives. Let me know. Thanks!

ken_m

Jan 9, 2017
Was there ever a solution to get these to negotiate sata SSD's at 6gb/s? I know I stopped looking after I heard people say they could only get sata II / 3gb/s speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
Was there ever a solution to get these to negotiate sata SSD's at 6gb/s? I know I stopped looking after I heard people say they could only get sata II / 3gb/s speeds

Not that I am aware of...

dstanding

Jan 27, 2015
Morristown NJ

I may be remembering incorrectly but wasn't there effectively a whitelist of SATA SSD models which worked? Mainly Intel drives.

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
I may be remembering incorrectly but wasn't there effectively a whitelist of SATA SSD models which worked? Mainly Intel drives.
The original Lenovo OEMs were Intel s3500's. This is all I ever used and they worked great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
Lenovo OEMs were exactly the same as Intel retail... I used both... They did not run a custom firmware or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk