SOLD: Quanta LB8 48 port 10G switch NIB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chiron

Feb 21, 2014
Dayton, OH
Hello everyone. I made a mistake when I bid and won this switch on ebay the other day. It just arrived yesterday. I've literally only opened the box to make sure nothing was damaged in shipping. I've left the switch sealed in the anti-static bag too. Even though I made a mistake, I got a good price on it from DNI (dedicatednetwork). I really need something more along the lines of a TurboIron/LB6m "quantairon" or similar that can accept 1G sfps as well.

I paid $400 and got free shipping to Dayton, OH. I'll be happy just breaking even. So I'm asking $400 + shipping from Dayton (45410). I think passing on the good deal is just good business considering Unix+ is asking $650 plus shipping.

Since I'm mostly a lurker, I can and will provide the link to the auction and any and all assurances, photos, boot messages, etc via pm, email, and phone as needed.

Chiron

Feb 21, 2014
Dayton, OH
Someone has dm'd me about this, and I thought it might be good to post my response to them since I am open to some trades and it helps if I post what I'm looking for.

"
Hi, What kind of other accessories do you have? I really need something that supports a few 1G sfps to be honest. Most of my equipment is a bit older. I'm interested in the LB6M, or more accurately a true Turboiron or similar and some 10g dual port cards. I dont really want to screw around too much with cross flashing a switch. I already have several twinax cables to use, so I dont need SFP+s .

Let me know what you've got and thanks for looking!

Will

What I'm looking for:
Turboiron 24 port 10g or similar 10G switch that supports 1G sfp as well as 10gSFP+(possibly an LB6M if I can get an uplink module for my Dell 6224)

Possibly an LB6M

Dual port 10G cards, 4 low profile, 4 normal (esxi, freenas, linux/windows)

Dell sfp+ uplink module for 6224
"

manfri

Nov 19, 2015
I've used before an sfp transceiver in an sfp+ port but with some HP comware switch.
But i do not know if that is possible with quanta's and where to find compatible sfp 1gb transceiver

Chiron

Feb 21, 2014
Dayton, OH
Hi manfri. Thanks for the response. SFP+ cages are backwards compatible with SFP transceivers and I have worked places where 1G copper SFPs were used in SFP+ slots along side fiber 1G and 10G SFPs. The 10G SFP+ only limitation on the Quanta LB6 and LB8 is a software limitation, not hardware.