Potential deal on Supermicro 846B chassis with SAS2/920P-SQ/more

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
this is very good deal, the shipping cost will kill it if ships to Eastern coast, congrats to whoever gets it~~

kapone

May 23, 2015
Shipping is ranging from $35 (West Coast itself) to max $55 (to Florida).

Edit: Folks, I'll send out a consolidated list to the seller to ship out the units as soon as I have payments. Please understand that I have a business relationship with this person and his company. If there's something wrong with the transaction/chassis, let ME know, and I'll handle it, instead of numerous requests to the seller (his contact info will be on the shipping labels).

kapone

May 23, 2015
If Canadian shipping becomes available I am in for 1x
Canadian shipping is roughly $140. $50 to ship the unit to me, and ~$90 for me to ship it to Canada. If you can have it shipped somewhere in the US yourself, it'll be cheaper. The seller will not do Int'l shipping/customs forms.

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
I will contact a "snowbird" uncle, if he has room , maybe I have it shipped to AZ. Been looking to replace my frankencase for ages on my NAS, this looks like a great option.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Final tally = 13x 846B chassis with the above configuration and 2x SC836 (which are nothing special). Still getting a shipping estimate from the seller to determine final cost.

Note: I'm not trying to make money from these. I was trying to buy a few for myself at the best price. It just evolved from there.

Edit: To keep things fair, I'm gonna go by chronological order in which people expressed interest (and how many). They get first dibs.

Second Edit: I'm sure you guys have seen the thread on Supermicro screws for $1.55 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003...274d64b720&pd_rd_i=B00353EKR8&tag=servecom-20). While waiting for these units to come in (freight shipping is not exactly the fastest)... I can order the screws from Amazon as well (I have prime) and include them with the chassis. At cost, add $1.55 to the final unit cost. Each pack should be enough for a single 846. If interested, please let me know. If you want extras, please let me know as well.

Somebody gonna buy me a six pack for all this work?? :)
I just luv how this went from a 'the boss' 'hand slap' to this HAHA happens to the best of us!

Last edited:

kapone

May 23, 2015
@mikehunt114 @Cipher - Please respond as soon as practical, whether you still want these or not. I need to wrap this up and send shipping labels/list to the seller. He's not gonna keep this stuff in his warehouse for too long.

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
Snowbird uncle didn't pan out, too much stuff already lined up for his trip home this year :(
good luck to the rest of ya!

kapone

May 23, 2015
8 of 9 available committed and paid for. @mikehunt114 - please acknowledge your PM, I'm sure the guys are anxious to get their new toys, and I can't ship these out until the final list is ready.

kapone

May 23, 2015
For my Canadian friends...y'all owe me big time. I'll be creating the shipping labels and generating the export forms (and scanning them) and emailing them to the seller and he'll stick em on the box. UPS has confirmed that as long as the forms are on the box, the boxes can be dropped off, and do not require to be checked in manually.

Saves you ~$48 per box!

Cipher

Aug 8, 2014
For my Canadian friends...y'all owe me big time. I'll be creating the shipping labels and generating the export forms (and scanning them) and emailing them to the seller and he'll stick em on the box. UPS has confirmed that as long as the forms are on the box, the boxes can be dropped off, and do not require to be checked in manually.

Saves you ~$48 per box!
Does this mean we would be looking at around $90 to have these shipped to Canadian addresses? I provided my US address as I'm going down soon and it was would be a cheaper shipping option, but if the shipping to Canada is close enough then I might choose that option.

Also, is this amount the landed cost to our address? I never know if shipping used server gear to our addresses will result in any taxes/customs duty fees.

Thanks again for all your help, kapone!

kapone

May 23, 2015
Does this mean we would be looking at around $90 to have these shipped to Canadian addresses? I provided my US address as I'm going down soon and it was would be a cheaper shipping option, but if the shipping to Canada is close enough then I might choose that option.

Also, is this amount the landed cost to our address? I never know if shipping used server gear to our addresses will result in any taxes/customs duty fees.

Thanks again for all your help, kapone!
That would be roughly correct. However, that is NOT the landed cost, just the shipping cost. You're still responsible for any additional charges they may slap on, and will hold your shipment until they are paid.

If you need me to ship to you in Canada, lemme know and I'll adjust the invoice accordingly.

halfelite

Oct 10, 2014
So sad I missed this. I have been looking to start a new build and this would have been perfect. Nice job Kapone.