Looking for quiet server PSU ~500W

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Calcipher

Dec 8, 2017
I recently bought one of those: Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order)
I replaced the fans with larger ones otherwise it sounds like a jet engine but the PSU (Chicony 10-500P1A) is still rather noisy even when the system is idle. Since the server currently sits ~ 1m away from me I need to replace the PSU with a quiet one.
I also have a system with a Meti M97-1U250 PSU which is really silent but a comparable version with 500W does not seem to exist. The new PSU should ideally be 1U but since the lid doesn't fit anyways with the new chassis fans it is not that important.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I have always been a fan of Seasonic supplies, very reliable and reasonably priced. Look for the SS500 gold rated. If even that's too noisy for you, you can always replace the fan with a Noctua one which is as close to silent as you're going to get in 500W in 1U :)