Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Klee,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. How do you find out about new coins like this?

Cheers,

Jeff
On a HUGE gun forum of all places. LOL

They have an amazing general discussion area.

zreon

Jan 6, 2017
Mined about a million before the difficulty skyrocketed. Maybe they'll be worth a penny or two in a couple of years :)

Back when DOGE first launched, I mined a couple of million. I had most of them sitting in cryptsy, which eventually shut down and stole all of them. Earlier this month that would have been worth upwards of $30,000. Moral of the story, it never hurts to try out a new coin, just keep them on a personal wallet and not an exchange.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Out of curiosity, which site is showing it in the profitability calcs?
This is a new coin on one tiny exchange with not a lot of trading volume, If you mine just to sale you may be disappointed that you can't sell all your coins.

I recommend that if you want to mine and make money on this coin you should mine and only sell a small percentage of coins and hold the rest for the future when the coin gets on at least one other exchange.

Remember its currently valued at 2 satoshi's so you can make a return on your mining when the value goes up it WILL be worth the wait.

I'm holding all that I have mined and I have even bought a few.

Turtlecoin (TRTL) Mining Pool - Mine2Gether.com - low fee 0.1%

Last edited:

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I have heard that the dev's for TurtleCoin left Aeon because the main Aeon dev left for a while then came back and did not want any of the ideas that the other dev's had come up with and wanted to put into Aeon so they left and started TurtleCoin.

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Hello everyone and thanks for the invite! So glad to mine AEON again! Albeit not on MG. Although MG was were I lost my crypto virginity so it will always be a site I’d tell people to learn!! Even though they obviously grabbed hash from me.

I was able to mine .5 xmr and many AEON which I traded for NEO and XLM. I can trade on Bittrex since I signed up so long ago! (In crypto time)

I have 7 X9DAi Supermicro Superworkstations and were the first dual XEON computers that I ever owned. They were mint and I was able sell all of the extra 10600R and 12800R sticks for profit.

I promptly took that windfall and invested into LTC ETH and BTC in late October and the huge BTC dip on Nov, the same day Novogratz bought BTC.

I bought a RX580 GB($350) and Vega 56 ($600) in September 2017. I thought I was nuts paying that much at the time to be honest!! They have mined their value back 3 fold!!

The 2AMD cards netted me 1000 ETN coins in 3 hours the night they went live on Nov. 1. Before they went down!!

Just a few short blabs from me and I’m glad to be apart of this pool!

Reactions: Marsh

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Hello everyone and thanks for the invite! So glad to mine AEON again! Albeit not on MG. Although MG was were I lost my crypto virginity so it will always be a site I’d tell people to learn!! Even though they obviously grabbed hash from me.

I was able to mine .5 xmr and many AEON which I traded for NEO and XLM. I can trade on Bittrex since I signed up so long ago! (In crypto time)

I have 7 X9DAi Supermicro Superworkstations and were the first dual XEON computers that I ever owned. They were mint and I was able sell all of the extra 10600R and 12800R sticks for profit.

I promptly took that windfall and invested into LTC ETH and BTC in late October and the huge BTC dip on Nov, the same day Novogratz bought BTC.

I bought a RX580 GB($350) and Vega 56 ($600) in September 2017. I thought I was nuts paying that much at the time to be honest!! They have mined their value back 3 fold!!

The 2AMD cards netted me 1000 ETN coins in 3 hours the night they went live on Nov. 1. Before they went down!!

Just a few short blabs from me and I’m glad to be apart of this pool!
And you can sell them for much more than you paid too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
And you can sell them for much more than you paid too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought them for pennies on the $ in the first place.

I don’t look at the $ value anymore! I’m only looking at consolidating my machines into better equipment. So far it’s working out!

I’m going to exclusively mine UBIQ with my GPUs and sell a workstation converted into a mining rig to upgrade my XEons.

I took one of my Supermicro X9DAi boards and put it into a Thermaltake 900! It’s nice to have a classy mining rig rather than a crate and some pvc pipes!! It’s a art piece that pays dividends!!

Reactions: gigatexal

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
Trtl trouncing cryptonight

24h 1kh ETN = 4.07 usd
24h 1kh TRTL = 7.58 usd

ServeTheSam

Dec 10, 2017
I have heard that the dev's for TurtleCoin left Aeon because the main Aeon dev left for a while then came back and did not want any of the ideas that the other dev's had come up with and wanted to put into Aeon so they left and started TurtleCoin.
Do you know whether TRTL is directly related to smooth_xmr in any way?

polyfractal

Apr 6, 2016
Do you know whether TRTL is directly related to smooth_xmr in any way?
If I had to wildly speculate, I'd say the TRTL devs are some of the community members who were working on the rebase. There's been some mild drama lately around how the rebase bounty is being handled (here and here). Might be that some of those devs are tired of toiling away with radio silence from the Aeon/Monero team and decided to bail.

Or not, I have no actual knowledge. Just speculating :)

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Great, I managed to reel in ~350k before difficulty skyrocketed the second time. Now its time to hodl I guess?

Reactions: gigatexal

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
If I had to wildly speculate, I'd say the TRTL devs are some of the community members who were working on the rebase. There's been some mild drama lately around how the rebase bounty is being handled (here and here). Might be that some of those devs are tired of toiling away with radio silence from the Aeon/Monero team and decided to bail.

Rocksteady give some insight here

Kevin Rose ⛩ on Twitter

Klee

Jun 2, 2016

Thats pretty much spot on.

Reactions: polyfractal

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I am pleasantly surprised how Turtle coin is really doing better than I was expecting.

nfsden

Apr 6, 2016
Current monero mining profit in deep ass,
so will looking for another cryptonight coins
update: shitty nicehash f**ed up profit on TRTL to the level of aeon.

Last edited: