DLink DGS-1510-28X 4x 10Gbe SFP+ @Amazon "Used" $199 Prime

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MCZNW5G?m=AEDYXTHYD8DT7&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

I found this today while searching around for a 4x SFP+ switch. They are "Used: Like New" and claims to be never used nor removed from their boxes, but I trust Amazon's buyer protection in case it is not exactly as described. During my checkout, it stated that there were 16 left (after mine anyways).

$199 Fulfilled by Amazon.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
nice find! i think this is one of the lowest prices ever, even for used!

that said, reviews are mixed on noise... some say it's too noisy, some say it's quiet. sounds like there are fans in either case. anyone here actually know how much noise this makes? (i.e., dbA measurements?)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Nice! That switch has been working well for me doing simple L2 duties.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
@Patrick Did you run into any issues with SFP+ and/or DAC incompatibilities? I have a couple of "Cisco" DACs and some some generic Cisco compatible SR SFP+'s in my stash...

I would rather order some compatible DACs now if this switch is particularly picky.

skelleton

Nov 4, 2015
I never ran it with the original fan, but i can't hear it after the fan replacement.
Also never had any issues with Transceivers or DAC.

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
My switch showed up today, and I swapped the fan right away before even powering it up. It is not audible over my Supermicro SC836 and was in exactly as described condition.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
My switch showed up today, and I swapped the fan right away before even powering it up. It is not audible over my Supermicro SC836 and was in exactly as described condition.
what fans did you use for the swap? and do you know if the new fans will provide enough cooling?

rkrenicki

Feb 2, 2016
I used the Noctua fan as noted in the link above. I also am seeing about 28C in my typical operating load with the temp in the room a little cooler than normal. It says in the GUI that its operational range is 11C to 79C, so there is quite a ways to go before I hit that limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaG

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if this switch would be preferred to the Dell switch posted here as well?

edit: Nevermind, I missed out on that deal.

dstanding

Jan 27, 2015
Morristown NJ
I got mine last week! It wasn't used, the box had a bit of damage. Looks like someone was a little too enthusiastic with the box cutter when opening the carton. Box was sealed.

In the rack, it's quieter than my R310 at idle.

captainjohn

Dec 6, 2017
Bought, damaged box with incorrect power cord (C5 (mickey mouse) vs C13). Everything else looked brand new. Working great with a Noctua fan. The switch did issue an error with the resistor on the fan, so, had to remove it.

mpennett

Apr 11, 2017
Got mine today, seems to be working well so far but I haven't tested every port yet. The sfp+ ports linked and transfer at full speed with 10Gtek UBNT DAC's and transceivers as that's all I had close at hand.

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
Got it on time. Box was opened, but I would bet nothing was ever even taken out of the box, it looked perfect. LACP was setup as expected. DAC cables and SFP+ (Mikrotik) worked without any hassle. LACD bond was created and seems to work perfectly with my Synology NAS. Web GUI seems dated, but works fine. I updated the firmware via http easily. Note that D-link is still supporting this switch, they have a newer firmware (2018) available, seems to work fine.

So far I am very happy.