Intel S2600CP video output

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

megaz221

Dec 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything by searching. So I purchased an Intel S2600CP motherboard for a server build. I will be using 2x E5-2660 v2s as well for the build. I purchased a 2603v1 so I could update the firmware on the motherboard for v2 CPU support. Does anyone have the process for updating the firmware?

I installed the v1 2603 CPU and put in 1 DIMM of RAM. The only issue is I do not have a VGA monitor for the output of video. I tried installing a low power GPU with DVI output and when the machine boots, I get no video. I installed the GPU on the top black slot right below the RAM but maybe I need to try the other PCI slots. I guess my question is will I be able to get video output in the first place or am I going to have to purchase a cheap VGA monitor to get into the BIOS to use the GPU in the first place? Also when I have the GPU in the top black PCI slot and power on the computer, the GPU fans spin at 100% but I get no video.

Hoping for some feedback from someone with experience with this board. There isn't much documentation so any feedback would be great.

Cheers!