STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chiron

Feb 21, 2014
Dayton, OH
I lurk around here quite a bit, but have some spare cycles. I've been using the monero docker image, but I'd like to join in and try Aeon. Could I have an invite, please?

Reactions: Patrick

thebfr

Dec 8, 2017
Wanted to see if I could get and invite, a few other coworkers are in the pool and pointed me this way. Would not mind putting my home lab systems to better use then just idling or waiting until I have work to test out lol. Thanks.

hweisheimer

Dec 9, 2015
I would like to join the pool. XMR difficulty is killing me. (Yes, it took me this long to do the math and realize I'm barely making a profit anymore)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
For those who are mining using the pool, cool milestone. We hit over 600KH/s just now:
upload_2017-12-9_14-35-40.png

Also, if you have not done so already and are mining using Atom, Xeon D, Skylake-SP - try out the new AV1 Docker image STH AEON xmrig 1MB L3 cache Docker miner testing

4-51% more performance than the legacy av2 image and better power efficiency.

ServeTheSam

Dec 10, 2017
Hi @Patrick,

First time caller long time listener.... Thank you for the tremendous amount of content and information you continue to provide. I'd love to give this is a shot if you could please PM me with the details!

Also, I'm thinking of running your Docker containers for CPU AEON and GPU XMR simultaneously on the same server / scale set. Please forgive me if this sounds stupid or I am missing the big picture. I've got a ton of idle hardware and just want to maximize my contribution (and subsequent) reward!

I've spent this past week trying (and failing, miserably, I might add) to optimize ETH miner to take advantage of CUDA 9.0 in a virtualized environment. I'd like to give this a try while learning Docker at the same time.

Perhaps I'm over-complicating the already-over-complicated... Any thoughts on the aforementioned?

Thanks again!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@ServeTheSam certainly something I have done in the past. One bit you may have to play with is the --cpuset-cpus flag in docker to get better performance. Sending the details for our Aeon pool shortly.

Reactions: ServeTheSam

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
600KH... Avg 12KH per miner... Well done guys...

This sounds fun, Patrick. I have some free time (and free cpus) coming up around the holidays to throw a few KH/s into the pool if you have room to spare.

Thanks.

Ol92

Nov 2, 2016
Hello,
I would like to join your pool too. I have one xeon 2696V3, with the allcore turbo hack (3.2ghz) doing 3500h/s with xmrig on windows (after 7 month of mining xmr, I have switched to aeon). I used to mine with aeon-pool, but want to help avoid concentration of hashrate.
I may use two rx vega too ...

Roaming Builder

Roaming Builder
Apr 12, 2017
Iowa, USA
Where is a good place to start with this? I have not read much about crypto currency and how to get started. I have some spare servers that I could throw at it, but I dont know if what I have would be any good (no expensive Graphics Cards).

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Where is a good place to start with this? I have not read much about crypto currency and how to get started. I have some spare servers that I could throw at it, but I dont know if what I have would be any good (no expensive Graphics Cards).
Aeon actually works well on servers with Xeon 5600 and newer CPUs (e.g. servers with hardware AES-NI.)

I sent you instructions to join.