Chenbro-48-Bay-Top-Loader-4U-Chassis-NEW With Rails

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
Server-Chenbro 48 Bay Top Loader 4U Chassis NEW in Box! New Rail Kit Included! | eBay

Chenbro - Products

So after much thought this isnt the storage rack for me, but someone else may have a different opinion and different needs.

This seller has many of these, they're all new, they have best offer and may be able to be best offered. Also these have been end of lifed by chenbro.

Pros
Many Drive
Cost- A lot of drive space for not alot of money, New with rails, included power supplies, appears to include the back mounted 2.5 bays
Can Fit E-EATX motherboards (oh yeah)

Cons
Noise. Power supplies are loud, can find no information on efficiency and it has some proprietary backplane connections
These have been EOL so odds of finding replacement backplane if one of them fails is not great
Long. This is a real deep rack. I think 32 inches.

I'm sure you can think of other Pros/Cons. This is what i got off the top of my head

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Lots of info on this forum about these, I own two. Not really that loud, my LB4M is louder. The power supply fans in the Chenbro are the source of noise. Drive sleds are ultra flimsy, otherwise, been great. I've got 44 4tb hitachi drives spread across two of these with dual e5-2670v1's SM boards in a 2 node esxi cluster. The rails for these are 3in longer than the case, be warned.

Chenbro-Cleversafe-Slicestor-1440

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
Hilariously it is my LB4M that I also compare how loud things are to but then again i also sit rather close to it in an open rack.

Any info out there on the efficiency of these power supplies?

Last edited:

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
that is my guess, which hurts. ive just found no information on them in the datasheet, advertising or anything other than wattage. The Chenbro rack that replaced this, the RM43348, proudly advertises its 80+ Gold