Anyone jumping into BTG tomorrow?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I thought the fork was cancelled?

Edit: No it looks like its still on.....maybe I was thinking of another Bitcoin fork.:rolleyes:

I might give it a go on my GTX 1080 Ti.

Last edited:

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
I thought the fork was cancelled?

Edit: No it looks like its still on.....maybe I was thinking of another Bitcoin fork.:rolleyes:

I might give it a go on my GTX 1080 Ti.
B2X is dead. This is still alive, and based on Ehash.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
So far I can't find a Linux wallet, all I have found are android phone or iphone wallets, not going to do that.

So far all pools seem to be down, not a good start.

Trying to connect to the online wallet website but it must be getting hammerd.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Ok, I was able to go to the official online wallet page and create my wallet address, downloaded a miner and used the default pool that the miner uses.

It works but I need to find a closer pool.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Looks like alot of pools are getting hammered and alot are still running testnet.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Closest pool to me, https://gpugold.com/ , just put this up:

"Pool Will be running MainNet Nov 12th, 2017 7:00PM (19:00 UTC)"

The only pool that is giving updated info is Bitcoin Gold BTG Mining Pool BTGpool.pro

"Attention! Pool is currently syncing to the BTG chain and will be up shortly!
Blockchain Height should be 499407 to start mining. Current value: 493388"

And the blockchain hight IS updating.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Attention! Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is NOT LIVE YET!
You are mining worthless testnet coins currently. This is used to set up your rigs, test everything and then switch over to "real" coins once the devs of BTG release the mainnet wallets. There is no precise date for that release yet. You can test everything but remember - YOU'RE MINING ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS TESTNET COINS!

Attention! Pool is currently waiting for BTG developers pre-mine ending and will be up shortly!
Blockchain Height current value: 494569 / 499407 (4838 blocks left)
Once pre-mining will end - YOUR RIGS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RE-CONNECTED TO MAINNET!

Oh great the hold up is that the developers are pre-mining.....:rolleyes:

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
UGH.....RX series ZERO good for this. terrible. Back to Monero. RX580 and 2 RX480's getting about 900sol. YUK.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
UGH.....RX series ZERO good for this. terrible. Back to Monero. RX580 and 2 RX480's getting about 900sol. YUK.

I mined Zcash, same algorithm, when I had two RX 480's and I don't remember what the hash rate was but I was not real enthused about it.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
What a cluster F*** of a launch !!!

Pools not synced yet this morning except for supernova and they inadvertently did the %51 attack and created another fork from the main branch because all the other pools were still on testnet.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So for most of today, while I was at work, I was mining from another pool on the original fork and the pool had nothing but orphaned blocks, so they had to stop and synch to the new fork of the fork from yesterday.

Not a good start for a coin. o_O

Trying to decide whether to let it mine for a day or two just to see, delete and start from scratch, or just delete it.

The official gui wallet is still 3 1/2 years behind and still not synced.

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
Yeah I was looking at the numbers, not many people mining at all. I was actually betting that BTG would replace BTC if it had gone off well, especially with the hype.

Both BTC and BCH KNOW that they're going to have to change something, or something else, ETH / XMR will take over (at least for all the underground stuff)

I don't really have much NVIDIA stuff. Power is so cheap for me, that I mine with a load of Dual Opteron 62XX servers that I bought for next to nothing. AS they die, I've been replacing with RX series....

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Still a clusterf**k.........one of the recommended wallets on the Bitcoin Gold site turned out that it was stealing Bitcoins.

So I recommend to stay far FAR away from this until and IF things get sorted out.

I tried to run the cli client three times and could never even start to download the blockchain.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Which wallet?
mybtgwallet

http://bitcoinwhoswho.com/blog/2017/11/16/million-dollar-mybtgwallet-scam/

" This site was listed on the official bitcoingold.org website as a wallet provider. It has since been removed…

Phished the mnemonic seed and stole many people’s coins. The site was linked from official bitcoin gold website."

I only used a wallet created online, and only mined it for about 6 hours until all the craziness with the %51 split then I just gave up since I could not even get the blockchain to even start to download.

I think I had mined about $5 worth which is now worth probably less than a dollar, was not worth the aggravation at all.